Preston R. Hemphill is a white man from Tennessee, United States. Here are 10 more things about him:
- He is a resident of Memphis, Shelby County, Tennessee.
- Aside from Memphis, he has lived in other parts of Tennessee including Bartlett.
- He was 3 years younger than Tyre Nichols of Sacramento, California, USA.
- In 2018, the Memphis Police Department hired him as a police service technician.
- In 2019, his annual salary as a Memphis Police Department officer was $33,529.
- In July 2022, he completed 40 hours of mental illness training to join the Memphis Police Department’s Crisis Intervention Team.
- In October 2022, he joined Memphis Police Department’s Street Crimes Operation to Restore Peace in Our Neighborhoods (SCORPION), a specialized anti-crime unit launched by the department’s chief Cerelyn Davis in 2021.
- On January 7, 2023, he violently pulled Nichols from Nichols’ car during a traffic stop in Memphis. He unsuccessfully deployed his Taser at Nichols as Nichols broke free and ran away.
- On January 8, 2023, the Memphis Police Department relieved him and six other officers of duty. On January 10, 2023, Nichols was pronounced dead.
- His name was not made public until January 30, 2023. He was 26 years old when the Memphis Police Department terminated him on February 3, 2023. Represented by Lee Gerald, he has not been charged with a crime.
(This is a developing story. More details will be added.)
Categories: biographical data, LISTS, North America, United States
is preston hemphill transgender?
He is an accessory,,, should be charged!!!!
Illegal traffic stop,,,. “He should be stomped”
was his quote
To Protect and to Serve,,,,
What are the requirements if any to become a police officer in Memphis????
Street thugs with a badge to hide behind