Linda A. Greene is the founder of Impact With Hope, a nonprofit organization based in Perrysburg, Wood County, Ohio, United States. Here are 13 more things about her:
- In 1988, she coordinated a team with cardiac surgeons that performed the first cardiac bypass surgery in Fuzhou, China. From 1988 to 1994, she coordinated medical teams that treated patients and taught doctors to improve patient care.
- In 1991, she started the Children’s Medical Rehabilitation Program (CMRP), which brings ailing children from impoverished countries to the U.S.
- In 1996, she utilized the CMRP program to respond to the children of Haiti who were being poisoned by contaminated acetaminophen.
- In 2000, the Children’s LightHouse was opened in Perrysburg under her leadership to provide a sanctuary for children in the CMRP program. In 2010 the facility was changed to the Lighthouse to assist adults in crisis.
- Between January 2011 and November 2018, she allegedly deprived Impact With Hope of more than $150,000 in monies, services, reimbursements and personal care.
- In August 2017, she allegedly stole $2,913.02 from Impact With Hope.
- In February 2019, the Wood County Prosecutor’s Office dropped two felony charges made against her because she was a person of interest in an expanded investigation.
- Filed on December 20, 2018 in Wood County Commons Pleas Court in Bowling Green, Wood County, an indictment charged her with a fifth-degree felony of theft.
- In 2019, she said that Impact With Hope was regularly audited and she had paperwork that any concerned donors can see to assure them their donations are going to people in need.
- In February 2021, she was indicted on aggravated theft, tampering with records and five felony counts of telecommunications fraud and ordered to not have any contact with Impact with Hope.
- In May 2022, she was released on bond following a court appearance. A judge in Wood County set her bond for $50,000 with 10 percent.
- She allegedly contacted Business Enterprises Inc., an ongoing donor to Impact With Hope, three times in December 2022, seeking donations for Impact with Hope.
- She was 74 years old when she was arrested and returned to jail on February 9, 2023. Her bond is now set at $75,000 and her trial is scheduled for May 15, 2023.
Categories: biographical data, LISTS, North America, United States
Leave a Reply