Constance Dorothea Marten is a native of Dorset, South West, England, United Kingdom. She was nicknamed Toots.
Marten was born into an aristocratic family in the palatial settings of Crichel House, a 5,000-acre estate in Dorset where she and her brothers Maximilian Marten and Tobias Marten grew up. She is Napier Anthony Sturt Marten and Virginie Charlotte Camu‘s only daughter.
Napier was a page to Queen Elizabeth II, who died on September 8, 2022 at age 96. He is the son of Toby Marten, a Lieutenant Commander in the Royal Navy, and Mary Anna Marten, the goddaughter of the Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother, who died on March 30, 2002 at age 101.
Constance attended St. Mary’s School in Shaftesbury, Dorset. Here are 13 more things about her:
- She is 13 years younger than Mark Gordon, who served 20 years in prison in Florida, United States after breaking into a woman’s home and raping the woman in 1988.
- In 1996, her father went to Australia where he claimed to have had an epiphany that made him give up his aristocratic life.
- In 2008, she entered the University of Leeds in Leeds, West Yorkshire, England to study Arabic and Middle Eastern studies. In the same year, she was featured in Tatler.
- In 2010, her grandmother Mary Anna passed away. In the same year, Gordon was deported back to the U.K.
- In 2011, she was in Cairo, Egypt.
- In 2012, she graduated from the University of Leeds. From August 2012 to June 2013, she worked as a senior researcher at Al Jazeera’s office in London.
- She is 1 year older than Maximilian and 4 years older than Tobias. Maximilian inherited the Crichel House and sold it in 2013 to American hedge fund billionaire Richard Chilton for a reported £34 ($40.71) million. From August 2013 to October 2013, she worked at Rich Mix Theatre in London as a project manager.
- She took an acting course at East 15 drama school in Essex, England but dropped out of the drama school in 2016 when she started living with Gordon in Ilford, London.
- In August 2020, she and Gordon were living on the Coldharbour Estate in Greenwich, London. They later moved to Eltham, London.
- In 2021, she did not attend the wedding of Maximilian and jewelry designer Ruth Aymer.
- In August 2022, she and Gordon were evicted from their apartment in Eltham for not paying rent and leaving thousands of pounds worth of damage to the property. In September 2022, they started living nomadically and she started to show signs of pregnancy.
- On January 4, 2023, she gave birth to a baby boy in her car. On January 5, 2023, she, Gordon and their newborn baby disappeared and their car was left on fire on the M61 in Bolton, North West, England. On January 7, 2023, she and Gordon were seen leaving a taxi with an orange carrier bag and a pram in London. Their faces were covered. They went from Bolton to Liverpool, England to Harwich, Essex to London. On January 8, 2023, they were spotted near the ferry port in Newhaven, East Sussex, England.
- She was 35 years old when she and Gordon were arrested on February 27, 2023 in Stanmer Villas, Brighton. They were charged with gross negligence manslaughter. They have not revealed anything to investigators about their missing baby’s whereabouts and condition.
Categories: Europe, England, United Kingdom, Great Britain, LISTS, biographical data
1 reply »