Patricia Rondon Padauy Oliver is a Venezuelan-American activist based in Coral Springs, Florida, United States. She is 1 year older than her husband Manuel Oliver.
Aside from Coral Springs, Patricia has lived in other parts of Florida including Miami and Weston. Here are 13 more things about her:
- In 1990, she graduated from the Instituto Universitario de Relaciones Publicas in Caracas, Venezuela where she earned her bachelor’s degree in public relations and image management.
- In 1992, she gave birth to Andrea Ghersi.
- In 1994, she graduated from the Universidad Nueva Esparta in Caracas with a bachelor’s degree in business management.
- From January 1995 to February 2000, she worked for Petroleos de Venezuela S.A. in Venezuela as an art exhibition coordinator.
- In 2001, she gave birth to Joaquin “Guac” Oliver. From July 2001 to September 2004, she worked for Sky International in Florida as the manager.
- In 2004, she, Manuel, Ghersi and Guac moved to Coral Springs. Guac attended Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, which is near their house in Coral Springs. From March 2004 to August 2009, she worked for Hillstone Restaurant Group in Florida as a public relations executive assistant.
- From September 2011 to October 2011, she was a Magna Group, Inc. project manager.
- In February 2012, she joined the American Cancer Society as a volunteer team leader.
- On February 14, 2018, former Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School student Nikolas Cruz, then 19, fatally shot her son Guac and 16 others and injured 17 others inside the school. After the shooting, she and Manuel founded the gun reform group Change the Ref. On June 3, 2018, she and Manuel walked onto the stage to receive Guac’s diploma during the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School graduation ceremony.
- She was featured in Jake Lefferman and Emily Taguchi‘s documentary film “After Parkland” and Cheryl Horner‘s documentary film “Parkland Rising”, which were released in the U.S. on April 26, 2019 and June 2, 2019, respectively. On August 3, 2019, she, Manuel and Andrea visited an immigrant shelter in Cuidad Juarez, Chihuahua, Mexico.
- In December 2021, she visited Paris, France.
- On November 2, 2022, she gave her impact statement in court before Cruz, who was sentenced to life without parole.
- She was 55 years old when she and Manuel attended a committee hearing on gun regulation on March 23, 2023 in Washington, D.C., USA. Republican lawmaker Pat Fallon, then 55, of Texas, USA ordered her and Manuel to be removed for breaching protocol and disordering the committee room.
Categories: North America, South America, United States, Venezuela
1 reply »