Cody Shane Ware is a professional auto racing driver who competed in the National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing (NASCAR) Cup Series. He is a resident of Mooresville, Iredell County, North Carolina, United States.
Ware is 6’4″ tall. Here are 13 more things about him:
- He was born in Greensboro, Guilford County, North Carolina to Rick Ware and Lisa Ware. Rick owns Rick Ware Racing (RWR), which debuted in 1998. Lisa is originally from Texas, USA.
- When he was a teenager, a group of friends soaked him with gasoline and set his legs ablaze in the woods. He suffered severe burns on the back of his legs.
- In 2014, he competed in the Lamborghini Super Trofeo North America Series and won the Rookie of the Year honors.
- In 2015, he joined MAKE Motorsports full-time for the 2015 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series season.
- In June 2016, he tried to make his Sprint Cup Series debut in the Toyota/Save Mart 350 at Sonoma Raceway in Sonoma, Sonoma County, California, USA, drove the No. 55 for Premium Motorsports and he failed to qualify.
- In 2017, he joined the RWR’s Cup Series program and made his Cup debut in the Folds of Honor QuikTrip 500 at the Atlanta Motor Speedway in Hampton, Henry County, Georgia, USA where he finished 39th.
- On February 1, 2018, he wrote on Twitter, “I suffer from Depression and Anxiety, I’ve been taking 10mg of Lexapro for almost a year now. It’s been a slow process but I’m fighting everyday to get myself under control so that I don’t do damage to friends and family I love so much #BellLetsTalk”.
- In May 2018, he was diagnosed with Asperger’s Syndrome.
- In 2019, RWR formed an Asian Le Mans Series program with him and Mark Kvamme as drivers of the Ligier JS P2. They finished second in the LMPS Am class and 14th overall.
- In January 2020, he and Gustas Grinbergas finished fifth overall at the Asian Le Mans race at The Bend Motorsport Park in Tailem Bend, South Australia, Australia. They recorded the LMP2 Am Trophy class win.
- In August 2020, he made his GT4 America Series SprintX debut at Sonoma Raceway where he finished fifth overall and third in the Silver class for Dexter Racing.
- He is 4 years older than his brother Carson Reed Ware, a professional stock car racing driver. On October 20, 2021, Carson was arrested and charged with assault on a woman, simple assault and damage to personal property..
- He was 27 years old when the Iredell County Sheriff’s Office arrested him on April 10, 2023. He was charged with assault by strangulation and assault on a female and was released from the Iredell Detention Facility in Statesville, Iredell County, North Carolina after posting $3,000 bond.
Categories: biographical data, LISTS, North America, United States
As Cody Ware continues to make his mark in the racing world, it’s exciting to see how he contributes to the evolution of the sport! Thanks!