Daniel Charles “Dan” Howard is a white man from Athol, Kootenai County, Idaho, United States. Here are 10 more things about him:
- He and his wife Kendy Ann Wilkins Howard lived in Lewiston, Nez Perce County, Idaho before settling in Athol.
- He was 7 years older than Kendy. Their son Wyatt Howard is married to Tiffany Murray.
- In 1995, he became an Idaho State Police trooper.
- In 2011, while on duty, he fired as a fleeing fugitive backed a Jeep into him and mistakenly shot a female passenger. The passenger died and an outside agency ruled the shooting justified. After spending nine months on leave, he returned to duty.
- In 2013, he confronted and threatened to kill his friend and Athol neighbor Matthew Wood after Kendy told him about her affair with Wood. He allegedly later poured syrup in Wood’s vehicles, left Wood vulgar messages and fired a shotgun at Wood’s house.
- In May 2014, he was charged with first-degree stalking, aggravated assault and malicious injury to property.
- On November 14, 2014, he resigned from the Idaho State Police.
- On January 5, 2015, he was sentenced for malicious injury to property, petty theft, title fraud and failing to tag a deer he shot. First District Court Judge Benjamin Simpson imposed a suspended prison term of 3 years, placed him on probation and ordered him to serve 120 days in local jail and perform 600 hours of community service.
- On February 2, 2021, he allegedly murdered Kendy at their home in Athol. She was 48.
- He was 57 years old when he turned himself in on April 21, 2023 to the Kootenai County Jail in Coeur d’Alene, Kootenai County. He was charged with the murder of Kendy and felony domestic battery.
Categories: biographical data, LISTS, North America, United States
1 reply »