Mononymously known as Woohyun, Nam Woo-hyun (남우현) is a South Korean singer, songwriter, actor, model and football player. He has one older brother named Nam Boo-hyun, who is the owner of Meok & Sam, a barbecue restaurant in Seongbuk-gu, Seoul.
Born and raised in Seoul, South Korea, Woohyun wanted to become a soccer player when he was young. When he was in high school, he auditioned at Woollim Entertainment and became an idol trainee.
Woohyun graduated from the Dong-ah Institute of Media and Arts in Samjuk-myeon, Anseong City, Gyeonggi, South Korea where he studied applied music. He started his career as a model for a shopping mall.
In 2007, Woohyun played the lead role in the music video of the KooPD song “Guigamalo“. Here are 13 more things about him:
- He is one of the six members of the K-pop boy band Infinite, which debuted on June 9, 2010.
- From October 2011 to November 2011, he appeared in “Immortal Songs 2“. He appeared there again in January 2012 and in December 2012. He made his musical theatre debut in “Gwanghwamun Sonata“, which ran in South Korea from January 2012 to March 2012 and in Japan in January 2013. In August 2012, he played a minor role in the MBC series “The Thousandth Man“.
- On February 20, 2014, SM Entertainment and Woollim Entertainment introduced him and Shinee member Key as a duo called Toheart. Their extended play “1st Mini Album” was released on March 10, 2014. He played Shin Woo-hyun in the KBS2 series “Hi! School: Love On”, which aired from July 2014 to December 2014.
- On May 17, 2015, he made his football debut with the South Korean celebrity football club FC Men in a charity match against Jeju United FC.
- Released on May 9, 2016, his EP titled “Write” marked his debut as a solo artist.
- He was in the cast of the musical “Barnum:The Greatest Showman“, which was shown in Seoul from August 2018 to October 2018. On September 3, 2018, his second EP “Second Write” was released.
- On February 12, 2019, he joined the judging panel of the TV Chosun competitive survival program “Tomorrow’s Miss Trot“.
- On May 7, 2019, his third EP “A New Journey” was released.
- From February 2019 to May 2019, he played Kang Moo-young in the musical “The Days” in Seoul. On October 24, 2019, he enlisted for his mandatory military service. He served as a public service worker.
- On October 19, 2021, he released his fourth EP “With“.
- On October 7, 2022, he became the final member of Infinite to leave Woollim Entertainment.
- In March 2023, he signed a contract with Jflex.
- She was 32 years old when he at Miss Universe Philippines 2023 on May 13, 2023 at the SM Mall of Asia Arena in Pasay City, Metro Manila, Philippines.
Categories: Asia, biographical data, LISTS, South Korea
Leave a Reply