Dr. Daniel “Dan” J. Keenan Jr. is an educator from Westlake, Cuyahoga County, Ohio, United States. He is married to Heather Keenan. He comes from a family of educators.
Dan’s brother Dr. Charles Keenan served as the superintendent of the Maple Heights School District in Maple Heights, Cuyahoga County. Their father Dr. Daniel J. Keenan Sr. was also a superintendent of schools in Steubenville, Jefferson County, Ohio and their mother was a university department head for undergraduate education.
Dan is married to Heather Keenan. Here are 13 more things about him:
- Aside from Westlake, he has lived in other parts of Ohio including Independence, Steubenville, Chagrin Falls, Auburn Township and Lorain.
- He previously lived in North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, USA and in Englewood, Colorado, USA.
- In 1993, he graduated from Purdue University in West Lafayette, Wabash Township, Tippecanoe County, Indiana, USA with a bachelor’s degree in education.
- In 1995, he graduated from Purdue University with a master’s degree in educational administration.
- In 1997, he earned his superintendent’s license from the Franciscan University of Steubenville in Steubenville.
- In 2005, he graduated from Cleveland State University in Cleveland, Cuyahoga County with a Ph.D. in educational administration.
- From August 2007 to July 2014, he was the superintendent of the Westlake City School District, which serves Westlake.
- In 2012, his annual wage as the Westlake City School District superintendent was $139,654.
- On December 17, 2013, he was honored at a luncheon in Columbus as Ohio’s Superintendent of the Year in 2014.
- In August 2014, he joined Martha Holden Jennings Foundation in Cleveland as the executive director.
- From 2015 to 2018, he was a wrestling coach at Lee Burneson Middle School in Westlake.
- From 2020 to 2022, he was an assistant wrestling coach at Lee Burneson Middle School.
- He was 53 years old when he and nine other men were arrested on May 11, 2023 during a human trafficking sting operation by the Northeast Ohio Human Trafficking Task Force in North Olmsted, Cuyahoga County. He was charged with engaging in prostitution, a first-degree misdemeanor.
Categories: biographical data, LISTS, North America, United States
Leave a Reply