Samuel Young Burnette was born in Davidson County, Tennessee, United States to Thomas Jordan Burnette and Clementine “Clemie” M. Norvell Burnette. Samuel was a member of the Burnette Chapel Church of Christ.
Samuel was a father of seven. Here are 13 more things about him:
- In 1881, his mother died at age 30.
- On December 25,1884, his father married Frances Elizabeth Hill Burnette in Davidson County. She gave birth to her half-siblings Myrtle Burnette in 1885, Andrew Jackson Burnette in 1886, Thomas Alton Burnette in 1887, John Charlton Burnette in 1889, Emma Camille Burnette in 1895, Rufus Anderson Burnette in 1898 and Ollie Bell Burnette in 1898.
- On October 24, 1914, he and Beulah Bowman Burnette got married in Una, Davidson County, Tennessee, USA. They lived in Antioch, Davidson County.
- In 1915, Beulah gave birth to their daughter Audrey Christine Burnette in Antioch.
- In 1916, Beulah gave birth to their son Arthur Gaines Burnette in Davidson County.
- In 1919, Beulah gave birth to their daughter Emily Rozelle Burnette in Antioch.
- In 1920, Beulah gave birth to their daughter Alma G. Burnette.
- In 1921, Beulah gave birth to their daughter Sammie Burnette in Tennessee.
- In 1923, Beulah gave birth to their daughter Clemmie Elizabeth Burnette.
- In 1926, Beulah gave birth to their son Douglas Dale Burnette in Antioch.
- On May 3, 1928, his father died in Antioch at age 74.
- On September 16, 1947, his brother Hugh Allen Burnette died in Nashville, Davidson County at age 69.
- On August 22, 1957, he died from pneumonia at age 76 at the Goodall Clinic in Smyrna, Rutherford County, Tennessee.
Categories: biographical data, LISTS, North America, United States
2 replies »