Erin Gilmour was a Canadian woman. Here are 10 more things about her:
- She is David Gilmour and Anna McCowan-Johnson‘s daughter.
- Her father is a businessman born in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- Her mother and Donald K. Johnson have two sons namely Sean McCowan and Kaelin McCowan.
- An aspiring fashion designer, she studied fashion at Ryerson University in Toronto.
- She was 9 years older than Sean and 11 years older than Kaelin.
- Her father and Budapest, Hungary native Peter Munk co-founded stereo maker Clairtone in 1958 and bought property in Fiji and started the hotel chain Southern Pacific Hotel Corporation in 1969. Munk’s son Anthony Munk was her boyfriend.
- She lived with her mother and her brothers Sean and Kaelin but in 1981, she moved out and lived in an apartment in Yorkville, Toronto. She worked as a store manager at Robin’s Knits, a high-end boutique just below the apartment.
- On December 19, 1983, Sean and Kaelin slept over at in her apartment in Yorkville.
- On the morning of December 20, 1983, she drove Sean and Kaelin back to their mother’s house. Before 6:00 p.m., a co-worker left Robin’s Knits in Yorkville and gave the key to her to lock up the store at 9:00 p.m. Anthony was supposed to pick her up for a date at 9:00 p.m. but he was delayed by 20 minutes when he stopped to withdraw money at a bank. He later found her dead in her apartment in Yorkville. She had been sexually assaulted and fatally stabbed in her bed.
- She died at the age of 22. Authorities have yet to identify her murderer or murderers.