Wilma May Mitchell was a resident of North Webster, Tippecanoe Township, Kosciusko County, Indiana, United States. She has five sisters namely Jewell Crume, Annabell Snyder, Mary Mathias, Helen Love and Suzella Hinton and four brothers namely Carl Wilfong, Eldon Manlove, Charles Wilfong and Bill Wilfong.
Wilma was a member of the North Webster United Methodist Church. Here are 13 more things about her:
- She was born in Noble County, Indiana to William Wilfong and Mabel Simpson Wilfong.
- On May 15, 1954, she and Richard D. “Dick” Mitchell got married in South Whitley, Cleveland Township, Whitley County, Indiana.
- On April 3, 1955, she gave birth to Richard Dean Mitchell. The baby died on the same day
- In 1956, she gave birth to Bruce Mitchell.
- In 1957, she moved from South Whitley to North Webster with Dick and Bruce.
- In 1958, she gave birth to Laurel Jean Mitchell.
- In 1962, she gave birth to Sarah Mitchell.
- In 1971, she started working at the Deli/Bakery at Augsburgers in North Webster.
- On August 7, 1975, her daughter Laurel was found dead in the Elkhart River in Noble County, Indiana.
- After she and Dick divorced, he married Sue Ann Ray on February 14, 1981.
- In 1996, she retired from the Deli/Bakery at Augsburgers.
- In 1998, she started volunteering at the North Webster Food Pantry.
- On January 16, 2012, Dick died in Warsaw, Kosciusko County, Indiana at age 81. On April 24, 2012, she died at Parkview Hospital in Fort Wayne, Allen County, Indiana after a brief illness. She was 81.
Categories: biographical data, LISTS, North America, United States
1 reply »