06 August 2018 – Shanghai, China: The largest global sports media property in Asian history, ONE Championship™ (ONE), has just announced the complete card for “ONE: Beyond the Horizon,” which is set for September 8, 2018 at the Baoshan Arena in Shanghai, China. It will feature 10 bouts including a match between Ognjen Topic, 32, of the United States and Tukkatatong Petpayathai, 30, of Thailand.
Born in Yugoslavia, Topic is of Serbian descent and is now living in Lodi, New Jersey. A three-time Muay Thai World Champion and two-time national champion, he is one of the top-ranked kickboxers in the U.S.
Training out of his home base of North Jersey Muay Thai, Topic makes frequent trips to Thailand to sharpen his skills at Eminent Air Gym in Bangkok, Thailand. He began training in taekwondo and earned his black belt before transitioning to Muay Thai at the age of 18 after falling in love with the art.
Since then, Topic has stepped into the ring over 50 times against Muay Thai legends such as Saenchai, Coke Chunhawat and Paowarit Sasiprapa. Along the way, the Serbian-American kickboxer won Wolrd Boxing Council and World Kickboxing Association USA national championships, as well as World Titles in the Muay Thai Grand Prix, International Kickboxing Federation and Lion Fight.
On the other hand, Petpayathai is a two-time Muay Thai World Champion who came from humble beginnings in a small countryside village in the Buriram region of Thailand. He was introduced to the world of Muay Thai by watching bouts on television with his father, and by the age of 10, he was already competing in his first bouts.
At the age of 14, Petpayathai moved to Bangkok to train at the famed Kiatpetch gym. He has competed at the most famous stadiums in Thailand, including Lumpinee and Rajadamnern, facing the biggest names in the sport, and has amassed more than 270 professional bouts over the course of his illustrious 20-year career, capturing two World Titles at the famed Channel 7 Stadium along the way.
“ONE: Beyond the Horizon” marks the second ONE Super Series bout of both Topic and Petpayathai. They will compete in a kickboxing contest in the bantamweight division.
In the main event of “ONE: Beyond the Horizon,” reigning ONE Women’s Strawweight World Champion “The Panda” Xiong Jing Nan of China will defend her title against Samara “Marituba” Santos of Brazil. Here is the complete “ONE: Beyond the Horizon” fight card:
- Phat Soda vs Elipitua Siregar: Mixed Martial Arts: 56.7kg (Strawweight)
- Hakim Hamech vs Yukinori Ogasawara: ONE Super Series Muay Thai: 61.2kg (Flyweight)
- Daniel Dawson vs Mustapha Haida: ONE Super Series Kickboxing: 72.5kg (Catch Weight)
- Chen Lei vs Muhammad Aiman: Mixed Martial Arts: 65.8kg (Bantamweight)
- Han Zi Hao vs Stergos Mikkios: ONE Super Series Muay Thai: 65.8kg (Bantamweight)
- Roman Alvarez vs Daichi Takenaka: Mixed Martial Arts: 65.8kg (Bantamweight)
- Ognjen Topic vs Tukkatatong Petpayathai: ONE Super Series Kickboxing: 65.8kg (Bantamweight)
- Edward Kelly vs Christian Lee: Mixed Martial Arts: 70.3kg (Featherweight)
- Honorio Banario vs Amir Khan: Mixed Martial Arts: 77.1kg (Lightweight) *co-main event
- Xiong Jing Nan vs Samara Santos: Mixed Martial Arts: 56.7kg (Women’s Strawweight) *ONE Women’s Strawweight World Championship, main event
Ticket information for ONE: BEYOND THE HORIZON is available at www.onefc.com.