On September 5, 2018, 10 pairs of ONE Championship athletes attended the official face-off of “ONE: Beyond the Horizon” at the CHAR Bar & Grill located at Level 30 of the Indigo Hotel in Shanghai, China. Among the mixed martial artists were Phat “Ice” Soda, 29, of Cambodia and Elipitua Siregar, 21, of Indonesia.
Aside from the ONE Championship athletes competing at “ONE: Beyond the Horizon,” reigning ONE Heavyweight World Champion Brandon “The Truth” Vera, 40, of the Philipines and ONE Championship’s chairman in China Hua Fung Teh attended the face-off. Hua stated, “ONE Championship remains dedicated to delivering a world-class, authentic martial arts experience right here to the fans in China.”
Featuring five MMA bouts and four striking-only ONE Super Series matches, the “ONE: Beyond the Horizon” fight night took place at the Baoshan Arena in Shanghai on September 8, 2018. In the first bout of the evening, Soda and Siregar competed in an MMA bout in the strawweight division.
Referee Kemp Cheng put a stop to the strawweight bout between Soda and Siregar at 2:30 of Round 1. The Indonesian fighter knocked out his Cambodian opponent.
“ONE: Beyond the Horizon” was headlined by ONE Women’s Strawweight World Champion “The Panda” Xiong Jing Nan, 30, of China and the challenger Samara “Marituba” Santos, 25, of Brazil. Here are the official results:
- Elipitua Siregar defeated Phat Soda Elipitua Siregar via technical knockout via strikes at 2:30 of Round 1 in an MMA strawweight bout.
- Hakim Hamech defeated Yukinori Ogasawara via knockout at 2:59 of Round 1 in a ONE Super Series Muay Thai flyweight bout.
- Muhammad Aiman defeated Chen Lei via rear-naked choke submission at 4:35 of Round 2 in an MMA bantamweight bout.
- Mustapha Haida defeated Daniel Dawson via knockout at 2:14 of Round 3 in a ONE Super Series kickboxing bout at a catch weight of 72.5kg.
- Han Zi Hao defeated Stergos Mikkios via unanimous decision in a ONE Super Series Muay Thai bantamweight bout.
- Tukkatatong Petpayathai defeated Ognjen Topic via unanimous decision in a ONE Super Series kickboxing bantamweight bout.
- Edward Kelly defeated Christian Lee via disqualification of the latter due to illegal suplex at 2:21 of Round 1 in an MMA featherweight bout.
- Amir Khan defeated Honorio Banario via rear-naked choke submission at 4:34 of Round 1 in an MMA lightweight bout.
- Xiong Jing Nan defeated Samara Santos via knockout via strikes at 1:22 of Round 3 in the ONE Women’s Strawweight World Championship bout.