The 22 ONE Championship athletes competing at “ONE: Pursuit of Greatness” had their face-off during the media open workout at Junction City in Yangon, Myanmar on October 24, 2018. The fight night took place at the Thuwunna Indoor Stadium in Yangon, Myanmar on October 26, 2018.
Italy and Australia were represented at “ONE: Pursuit of Greatness.” The fight card featured three ONE Super Series kickboxing contests and eight mixed martial arts matches.
In the third bout of the evening, Joseph “The Hurricane” Lasiri, 27, of Milan, Italy faced Josh “Timebomb” Tonna, 30, of Canberra, Australia. They competed in a ONE Super Series kickboxing contest in the flyweight division.
After three three-minute rounds, the flyweight kickboxing bout between Lasiri and Tonna was left in the hands of the judges. In the end, referee Atsushi Onari raised the hand of the Australian contender, who was declared the winner via unanimous decision.
A product of the flourishing Muay Thai scene in Milan, Lasiri has become one of Europe’s most well-respected kickboxing competitors. He has captured the World Boxing Association Super Bantamweight and interim World Boxing Council Super Bantamweight Muay Thai World Championships under the tutelage of Diego Calzolari, the first Italian to ever win at the world-famous Rajadamnern Stadium in Bangkok, Thailand.
Lasiri made his first ONE Super Series appearance on January 14, 2018 in a historic bout against Sam-A Gaiyanghadao. It was the first-ever Muay Thai bout inside the ONE Championship cage.
On the other hand, “ONE: Pursuit of Greatness” marked Tonna’s second ONE Super Series bout. He is a Muay Thai practitioner and professional kickboxer representing Stockade Training Centre in Canberra.
Tonna is the former WMC International Muay Thai Champion. He holds a professional Muay Thai record of 31 wins and 16 losses.
“ONE: Pursuit of Greatness” was the second ONE Championship event in Myanmar in 2018. Here are the official results:
- Flyweight bout: Rudy Agustian defeats Kaji Ebin by Submission (Americana) at 4:01 minutes of round 1
- Bantamweight bout: Ahmad Qais Jasoor defeats Ma Xu Dong by Knockout (KO) at 2:16 minutes of round 2
- ONE Super Series Kickboxing Flyweight bout: Josh Tonna defeats Joseph Lasiri by Unanimous Decision (UD) after 3 rounds
- Welterweight bout: Luis Santos defeats Daichi Abe by Knockout (KO) at 0:33 minutes of round 1
- Flyweight bout: Ye Thway Ne defeats Mite Yine by Unanimous Decision (UD) after 3 rounds
- ONE Super Series Kickboxing Bantamweight bout: Han Zi Hao defeats Ryan Jakiri by Knockout (KO) at 1:39 minutes of round 1
- Catch Weight bout (67.0kgs): Masakazu Imanari defeats Radeem Rahman by Submission (Armbar) at 1:23 minutes of round 1
- ONE Super Series Light Heavyweight Kickboxing bout: Tarik Khbabez defeats Ibrahim El Bouni by TKO at 2:26 minutes of round 3
- Featherweight bout: Keanu Subba defeats Phoe Thaw by Submission (Guillotine) at 2:47 minutes of round 1
- ONE Middleweight World Championship bout: Aung La N Sang defeats Mohammad Karaki by TKO (Strikes) at 2:21 minutes of round 1
Watch all the “ONE: Pursuit of Greatness” bouts here: