The 22 ONE Championship athletes competing at “ONE: Pursuit of Greatness” had their face-off during the media open workout at Junction City in Yangon, Myanmar on October 24, 2018. The fight night took place at the Thuwunna Indoor Stadium in Yangon, Myanmar on October 26, 2018.
Four hometown heroes competed at “ONE: Pursuit of Greatness.” The fight card featured three ONE Super Series kickboxing contests and eight mixed martial arts matches.
Two Burmese ONE Championship athletes faced each other in an MMA match in the fifth bout of the evening. Both fighting out of Myanmar, Ye Thway Ne, 21, and Mite Yine, 28, battled it out in the bantamweight division.
After three five-minute rounds, the bantamweight bout between Ye and Mite was left in the hands of the judges. In the end, referee Kemp Cheng raised the hand of Ye, who won via unanimous decision.
Ye is a veteran Lethwei star and martial artist who made his ONE Championship debut in 2016. As a professional MMA fighter, he now has 4 wins and 1 loss.
With a professional Lethwei record of 42 wins, 1 loss and 33 draws, Ye is a two-time Lethwei Gold Belt Champion. Known as a solid stand-up technician and an aggressive striker, he is as good a striker as he is an MMA fighter.
Like Ye, Mite is a two-time Lethwei Gold Belt Champion. Hailing from Kayin State, Myanmar, he now has a professional MMA record of 1 win and 1 loss and a professional Lethwei record of 35 wins, 8 losses and 15 draws.
“ONE: Pursuit of Greatness” was the second ONE Championship event in Myanmar in 2018. Here is the complete fight card:
- Flyweight ONE Super Series kickboxing: Joseph Lasiri (Italy) vs Josh Tonna (Australia)
- Flyweight MMA: Rudy Agustian (Indonesia) vs Kaji Ebin (Philippines)
- Bantamweight MMA: Ma Xu Dong (China) vs Ahmad Qais Jasoor (Afghanistan)
- Welterweight MMA: Luis Santos (Brazil) vs Daichi Abe (Japan)
- Strawweight MMA: Ye Thway Ne (Myanmar) vs Mite Yine (Myanmar)
- Bantamweight ONE Super Series kickboxing: Han Zi Hao (China) vs Ryan Jakiri (Philippines)
- Catchweight (67kg) MMA: Radeem Rahman (Singapore) vs Masakazu Imanari (Japan)
- Light heavyweight ONE Super Series kickboxing: Ibrahim El Bouni (Morocco) vs Tarik Khbabez (Morocco)
- Featherweight MMA: Phoe Thaw (Myanmar) vs Keanu Subba (Malaysia)
- Featherweight MMA: Rafael Nunes (Brazil) vs Movlid Khaibulaev (Russia)
- ONE Middleweight World Championship: Aung La N Sang (Myanmar) vs Mohammad Karaki (Lebanon)