Rodrigo Cavalheiro of Brazil and Abdoul Abdouraguimov of France made weight during the public weigh-ins for “Brave 17” in the presence of Brave Combat Federation president Mohammed Shahid. The event was held at the Raya Golf Club in Lahore, Pakistan on October 26, 2018.
Held under the patronage of His Highness Sheikh Khalid bin Hamad Al Khalifa, “Brave 17” is the inaugural Brave CF event in Pakistan and the first ever mixed martial events hosted by a global MMA promotion in the country. The fight night will take place at the Nistar Sports Complex in Lahore, Pakistan on October 27, 2018.
In the main event of “Brave 17,” Cavalheiro and Abdouraguimov will compete in the welterweight division. The bout is crucial to determine the future contender for the Brave CF Welterweight Championship against Jarrah Al Selawe.
To hold “Brave 17” in Pakistan, Brave CF has partnered with ARY, House of Rockville Pvt Ltd and MRG Pvt Ltd. The event is also supported by GreenHill Sports, the official merchandise partner for the Bahrain-based MMA promotion.
The “Brave 17” fight night will be broadcast live in Abu Dhabi Sports, ARY Sports, Brave TV, Fite TV, StarSat, VodaCom, Combate and B1B Sports in the respective territories. After the inaugural Brave CF event in Pakistan, “Brave 18” will take place in Bahrain during the Brave International Combat Week 2018, the largest combat sports event in Asia.
Including Cavalheiro and Abdouraguimov, all the 20 “Brave 17” fighters made weight during the weigh-ins. The fight card features athletes from 12 countries namely Afghanistan, Brazil, China, Egypt, France, Ireland, New Zealand, Pakistan, the Philippines, Russia, South Africa and Wales.
Cavalheiro and Abdouraguimov are the sole representatives from Brazil and France, respectively, at “Brave 17.” Here are the results of the weigh-ins:
1. Abbas Khan (76 kg) vs. Sikander Badar (76.4 kg) – (Amateur Welterweight)
2. Najam Khan (77.3 kg) vs. Mohammed Wasim (76.1 kg) – (Welterweight)
3. Haider Farman (52.4 kg) vs. Ariel Oliveros (52.5 kg) – (Strawweight)
4. Ahmed Amir (70.6 kg) vs. John Brewin (70.4 kg) – (Lightweight)
5. Yibugele (66.1 kg) vs. Zia Mashwani (65.3 kg) – (Featherweight)
6. Frans Mlambo (60.8 kg) vs. Aidan James (61.7 kg) – (Bantamweight)
7. Mehmosh Raza (66.3 kg) vs. Arben Escayo (66.2 kg) – (Featherweight)
8. J.P. Buys (61.2 kg) vs. Gamzat Magomedov (61 kg) – (Bantamweight)
9. Jeremy Pacatiw (61.1 kg) vs. Uloomi Kareem (61.2 kg) – (Bantamweight)
10. Rodrigo Cavalheiro (77.6 kg) vs. Abdoul Abdouraguimov (77 kg) – (Welterweight)