Uloomi “Kratos” Karim, 27, of Pakistan and Jeremy “The Juggernaut” Pacatiw, 22, of the Philippines made weight during the weigh-ins for “Brave 17.” The Pakistani contender is representing Team Fight Fortress of Islamabad while his Filipino opponent is representing Team Lakay of Baguio City.
Attended by of Brave Combat Federation president Mohammed Shahid, the “Brave 17” weigh-ins was held at the Raya Golf Club in Lahore, Pakistan on October 26, 2018. The fight night will take place at the Nistar Sports Complex in Lahore, Pakistan on October 27, 2018.
“Brave 17” will feature nine professional mixed martial arts bouts and one amateur MMA match. In the co-main event, Karim and Pacatiw will compete in the bantamweight division.
Including Pakistan and the Philippines, 12 counties will be represented at “Brave 17.” The other countries are Afghanistan, Brazil, China, Egypt, France, Ireland, New Zealand, Russia, South Africa and Wales.
Also from Team Fight Fortress, Najam Khan, 30, of Pakistan will make his Brave CF debut at “Brave 17.” He will compete against Mohammed Wasim of Afghanistan in the welterweight division.
Pacatiw is the only representative from Team Lakay at “Brave 17.” But there are two other Filipino athletes on the fight card namely Ariel “The Lady Boxer” Oliveros and Arben “Big Bang” Escayo, 31, whose respective opponents are also Pakistani.
Oliveros will face Haider “The Giant” Farman, 22, in the strawweight division. Escayo will compete in the featherweight division against Mehmosh “The Renegade” Raza, 23.
All the 20 “Brave 17” fighters made weight during the public weigh-ins. Here are the results:
- Abbas Khan (76 kg) vs. Sikander Badar (76.4 kg) – (Amateur Welterweight)
- Najam Khan (77.3 kg) vs. Mohammed Wasim (76.1 kg) – (Welterweight)
- Haider Farman (52.4 kg) vs. Ariel Oliveros (52.5 kg) – (Strawweight)
- Ahmed Amir (70.6 kg) vs. John Brewin (70.4 kg) – (Lightweight)
- Yibugele (66.1 kg) vs. Zia Mashwani (65.3 kg) – (Featherweight)
- Frans Mlambo (60.8 kg) vs. Aidan James (61.7 kg) – (Bantamweight)
- Mehmosh Raza (66.3 kg) vs. Arben Escayo (66.2 kg) – (Featherweight)
- J P Buys (61.2 kg) vs. Gamzat Magomedov (61 kg) – (Bantamweight)
- Jeremy Pacatiw (61.1 kg) vs. Uloomi Kareem (61.2 kg) – (Bantamweight)
- Rodrigo Cavalheiro (77.6 kg) vs. Abdoul Abdouraguimov (77 kg) – (Welterweight)