On November 2, 2018, the Honda Group of Companies in the Asia and Oceania region kicked off the Honda Asian Journey 2018 in Penang, Peninsular Malaysia, Malaysia. It is a Honda big bike caravan that will cruise down West Malaysia, ending up at the Malaysian Motorcycle Grand Prix (MotoGP) event on November 4, 2018.
Once again, over 60 riders comprised of customers, journalists, Honda dealers, and associates from Indonesia, India, Malaysia, the Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam will experience the fun and joy of riding Honda big bikes all the way to the destination, the Sepang International Circuit. Among the participants are Filipino journalist Jay Taruc and Filipino-German-American model Will Devaughn.
The journey started at Stadium Batu Kawan in Penang, where all riders gathered for safe riding training and to warm up on over 60 Honda big bikes they will experience during the journey, such as the new Goldwing, Africa Twin, CB1000R, and CB1100. The caravan then kicked off by travelling to Cameron Highlands, where a scenic landscape awaited the riders to enjoy while cruising.
Here is the itinerary of the Honda Asian Journey 2018:
- November 2, 2018: The caravan kicks off with a ride from Penang to Cameron Highlands, a mountainous district in Malaysia’s Pahang state.
- November 3, 2018: Ride from Cameron Highlands to Putrajaya, the federal administrative center, to attend a welcome dinner featuring an exclusive appearance by MotoGP riders, including 2018 Champion Marc Marquez.
- November 4, 2018: Ride to Sepang International Circuit for the MotoGP race along with hundreds of other Honda customers to cheer for the Honda GP riders in the Malaysia MotoGP.
The following Honda Group of Companies in the Asia & Oceania region are hosting the Honda Asian Journey 2018:
- Boon Siew Honda Sdn. Bhd. (Malaysia)
- PT Astra Honda Motor (Indonesia)
- P. Honda Co., Ltd. (Thailand)
- Honda Vietnam Co., Ltd. (Vietnam)
- Honda Philippines Inc. (The Philippines)
- Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India Pvt., Ltd. (India)
- Asian Honda Motor Co., Ltd., regional headquarters for the Honda Asia & Oceania region.
The total distance is approximately 490 km. The Honda models are Goldwing GL1800, F6C, Africa Twin CRF1000L, CB1000R, CB1100 series, Rebel 500, CTX1300, VFR1200X, NC750 series, CBR650F, CB650F, CBR500R and CB500 series.