You are a tourist in Barcelona, Spain, you are hungry, you are on a tight budget and you are vegan. Not a problem. There is a long list of budget-friendly vegan restaurants in this city, which is home to Futbol Club Barcelona. Here are 13 of them:
13. Conesa Entrepans has been serving healthful sandwiches and salads since 1951. Located in El Barri Gòtic, Barcelona, it is open 8:30 a.m. to 10:15 p.m. Mondays to Saturdays.
- Cafe Camelia is a cute coffee shop that serves snacks, salad, pasta, sandwiches, quiches, cakes and pies, among others. Located in Calle Verdi, Barcelona, it is open 9:30 a.m. to 12:00 a.m. Tuesdays-Fridays, 10:00-12:00 a.m. Saturdays and 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Sundays.
- La roseta serves coffee, sandwiches, cronuts, cakes, yoghurts, pastries, natural juices and soft drinks. Located in Barceloneta, Barcelona, it is open daily 8:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Santoni Cafeteria offers smoothies, juices,croissant, cupcakes, sausages, Spanish bocadillos and other main dishes that change daily. Located in Ronda Sant Antoni, Barcelona, it is open 7:45 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Mondays-Fridays and 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Saturdays.
- Maoz Vegetarian is fast food chain known for its falafels. Located in Calle de Ferran, Barcelona, it is open 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m. Mondays-Thursdays, 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 a.m. Fridays-Saturdays and 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m. Sundays.
- Veggie Garden has a wide range of options for the health-conscious from classic Spanish dishes to Japanese noodle salad to Indian and Nepalese meals including milkshakes and fresh fruit juices. Located in Gran Vía de Les Corts Catalanes, Barcelona, it is open daily 12:30-11:30 p.m.
- Bio Bento has been serving healthful meals, bento, snacks, soups and salads since 2015. Located in Calle Ermengarda, Barcelona, it is open 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Mondays and 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Tuesdays to Fridays.
- La Trocadero is a colorful cafe with wooden chairs in Marina, Barcelona that serves burgers, bacon, Spanish omelettes and a lot more. It is open 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. Mondays, 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. Thursdays and 11:30 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays.
- Quinoa Bar Vegetaria offers healthful smoothies, salads, sandwiches and other Italian dishes. Located in Travessera de Gràcia, Barcelona, this bar and restaurant is open Mondays-Saturdays 11:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- Aqui Quedamos is a pizzeria serving Italian pizza, Italian specialties and homemade desserts. It is located in Rambla Brasil, Barcelona.
- Roast Club Cafe is a small but cozy coffee shop that serves specialty coffee and sandwiches. Owned by Iker Zago, it is located at Carrer València 143 in Barcelona and is open daily 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Teresa Carles has been serving healthful food since 1979 and is a pioneer among vegetarian restaurants in Barcelona. Located in Carrer de Jovellanos, Barcelona, it is open daily 9:00 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.
- The Pan’s Club serves original recipes by Ecole Ferrandi alum chef Chloe Saada, inspired by traditional French and Mediterranean cuisine. Located in Plaça de la Llana, Barcelona, it opens daily 10:00 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.