“The Bachelor” Season 23 will premiere on ABC on January 7, 2019. Aside from the United States, the new season will of the dating reality show will also feature four other countries namely Portugal, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.
On September 4, 2018, Colton Underwood was introduced as the titular focus for “The Bachelor” Season 23. Here is a list of 23 interesting things about him:
- He was born in Indianapolis, Indiana, USA on January 26, 1992.
- He is a virgin, he claims.
- He wears spandex when working out and does not typically wear underwear.
- He grew up in Washington, Illinois, USA.
- He attended Washington Community High School in Washington.
- He studied Healthcare and majored in Business Management at the Illinois State University.
- He played college football for the ISU football team Illinois State Redbirds.
- His brother Conor Underwood is also an ISU athlete and a footballer.
- Their parents were both ISU scholar athlete and are divorced.
- Their father Scott Underwood also played for the Illinois State Redbirds.
- Their mother Donna Underwood was as a volleyball player.
- He is an advocate for the genetic disease cystic fibrosis, which his cousin Harper Hawksworth was diagnosed with at birth.
- He established the Colton Underwood Legacy Foundation, which helps him deliver 50 AffloVests to 50 people with cystic fibrosis in 50 states in the U.S.
- He has been a part of three NFL teams but has never played in a single game in the league.
- He made his NFL debut when he was signed by the San Diego Chargers as an undrafted free agent on May 10, 2014 but he was waived on August 30, 2014.
- He was signed to the practice squad of the Philadelphia Eagles on September 3, 2014 but was released on September 9, 2014.
- He was signed to the practice squad of the San Diego Chargers on September 23, 2014, signed a future contract on December 29, 2014, waived on September 5, 2015, placed on injured reserve on September 6, 2015 and waived on September 10, 2015.
- He was signed to the practice squad of the Oakland Raiders on n December 1, 2015 but was released on August 29, 2016.
- Set up by their mutual friends Andrew East and Shawn Johnson, he and Olympic gymnast Aly Raisman started dating in 2016 but they broke up in 2017.
- He was 26 years old when he competed in “The Bachelorette” Season 14 in 2018. He was eliminated in the eighth week.
- Before competing in “The Bachelorette” Season 14, he briefly dated “The Bachelor” Season 22 contestant Tia Booth.
- In 2018, he and Booth competed in “Bachelor in Paradise” Season 5 and separately left the show in the fifth week.
- He loves dogs and owns two, 13-year-old Sniper and 2-year-old Thor.
Here is Colton in an interview on “Good Morning America” with former NFL star Michael Strahan: