In the main event, Felipe Silva made weight for his Lightweight fight against late-replacement Dumar Roa, who was unable to meet the division’s limit and was fined 20% of his purse. In the staredown, both men showed respect to each other, with Roa showcasing the passion for Colombia, with a speech that touched the crowd.
“I’m here to show that we belong. And that Colombia has its place in this world, and in the MMA scene. I want to show that Colombian fighters have what it takes to compete at the highest level and I won’t stop until everyone is aware of that”.
In the co-main event, Colombian bad boy met his contracted weight for a Lightweight scrap with jiu-jitsu ace Gabriel “Fly”, who is coming up from Featherweight for the challenge. Both men were respectful. The same case was repeated in the other huge bouts for BRAVE 26, including Ilia Topuria x Luis Gomez and Luana Pinheiro x Yasmeli Araque.
BRAVE 26 Weigh-In results:
- Welterweight: Claudio Maestre (77.7 kg)* x Alexis Campos (77.1 kg)
- Welterweight: Gabriel Bula Baena (77.9 kg)* x Mauricio Otalora (75.7 kg)
- Lightweight: Yefferson Urea (70.5 kg) x Juan Camilo Rincón (69.2 kg)
- Featherweight: Juan Pablo Mendoza (66.0 kg) x Hector Gonzalez (64.6 kg)
- Bantamweight: Eduardo Mora (61.2 kg) x Juan David Erazo (61.1 kg)
- Strawweight: Luana Pinheiro (52.0 kg) x Yasmeli Araque (51.1 kg)
- Featherweight: Ilia Topuria (66.2 kg) x Luis Gomez (65.5 kg)
- Lightweight: Jon Zarate (70.5 kg) x Gabriel “Fly” Miranda (70.3 kg)
- Lightweight: Dumar Roa (71.4 kg)* x Felipe Silva (70.6 kg)
*Missed weight, will forfeit 20% of their purse
Leave a Reply