The Japan Foundation, Manila is pleased to announce the publication of “ART ARCHIVE 02.” This is the second volume of a series that explores current trends and concerns in Philippine contemporary art.
“ART ARCHIVE 02” brings together 11 writers, presenting a diverse set of perspectives about contemporary literature and film in the country. In addition to the first volume “ART ARCHIVE 01,” this publication serves as an added resource for readers interested in Philippine art and constructively contributes to the dialogue on contemporary art in the region.
In line with the Japan Foundation’s aim of carrying out comprehensive international exchange programs throughout the world, the book is published in a digital format for accessibility. As a primer for readers interested in Philippine art, “ART ARCHIVE 02” is meant to be used as a resource to foster cultural exchange and knowledge sharing for artists, educators, and art and cultural institutions in the Philippines and abroad.
- A NEW AGE OF CONTEMPORARY PHILIPPINE CINEMA AND LITERATURE by Patricia Tumang
The Golden Ages
- WHAT WE DON’T KNOW ABOUT THE BOOKS WE KNOW by Patricia May B. Jurilla, PhD
- NEW PERSPECTIVES: Philippine Cinema at the Crossroads by Nick Deocampo
Regional to National
- SMALL FILM, GLOBAL CONNECTIONS by Patrick F. Campos
- CREATING RIPPLES IN THE PHILIPPINE CINEMA: The Rise of Regional Cinema by Katrina Ross Tan
- THE HISTORIC AND EPIC: Contemporary Fiction from Mindanao by John Bengan
- SILLIMAN AND BEYOND: A Look Inside the Writer’s Workshop by Tara FT Sering
- DIGITAL DOCUMENTARY TRADITIONS by Adjani Arumpac
- A THIRD WAVE: Potential Future for Alternative Cinema by Dodo Dayao
- PHILIPPINE COMICS: Tradition and Innovation by Roy Agustin
- FESTIVAL AND THE LITERARY IMAGINATIONS by Andrea Pasion-Flores
- CURRENT FILM AND DISTRIBUTION TRENDS IN THE PHILIPPINES by Baby Ruth Villarama
Directory of Philippine Film and Literature Institutions