Khabib Nurmagomedov watches Galatasaray vs Real Madrid UEFA Champions League game in Istanbul, Turkey

Khabib “The Eagle” Nurmagomedov, 30, of Dagestan, Russia was in Istanbul, Turkey on October 22, 2019 to watch a UEFA Champions League game. The reigning UFC Lightweight Champion witnessed the victory of Real Madrid Club de Fútbol over Galatasaray Spor Kulübü in the Group A match of the European football tournament.

The match between Real Madrid and Galatasaray took place at the Türk Telekom Stadium in the Seyrantepe quarter of the Sarıyer district, which is on the European side of Istanbul. Nurmagomedov took to Instagram to share clip from the football match.


Real Madrid defeated Galatasaray 1-0. Also called Los Blancos, the professional football club based in Madrid, Spain scored the only goal of the game after 18 minutes through Toni Kroos, 29, of Germany.  shot took a decisive deflection that helped the ball past Fernando Muslera, 33, of Argentina, the goalkeeper of the professional football club based in Istanbul.

This marked Kroos’s 100th appearance in the UEFA Champions League. It was also his ninth goal in the European football tournament.

The 2019-2020 UEFA Champions League started on September 17, 2019. It is scheduled to end on December 11, 2019.

Szymon Marciniak, 38, of Poland served as the referee of the UEFA Champions League game between Real Madrid and Galatasaray. Including Nurmagomedov, 46,532 spectators attended the football event.

Two days after the football event, Conor “The Notorious” McGregor, 31, of Dublin, Ireland held a press conference in Moscow, Russia. The Irish mixed martial artist told the media that a rematch between him and Nurmagomedov is inevitable and it will take place in Moscow as the people of Russia deserve it.

“However, I am not waiting around for that man,” McGregor said of Nurmagomedov. “That man is a known pullout, a known fearer of risk. He does not take risk so for me, I am not waiting around.”

On October 6, 2018, McGregor failed to dethrone Nurmagomedov as the reigning UFC Lightweight Champion in the main event of “UFC 229” at the T-Mobile Arena in Paradise, Nevada, United States. Referee Herb Dean put a stop to the title bout after 3 minutes and 3 seconds in the fourth round when the defending Dagestani champion submitted his Irish challenger via neck crank.

2 replies »

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.