Former National Football League quarterback Tim Tebow, 32, of Florida, United States married Miss Universe 2017 Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters, 24, of Western Cape, South Africa on January 20, 2020. Here are 13 facts about their wedding ceremony:
- The wedding ceremony took place at the La Paris Estate in Cape Town, South Africa.
- Held shortly before sunset, the ceremony lasted for 30 minutes.
- The three things Tebow was looking forward to, he told People, were the first moment he would see Nel-Peters in her wedding dress, their first kiss and their first dance together as man and wife.
- Bespoke clothier Antar Levar designed the tuxedo worn by Tebow.
- The groomsmen wore Indochino suits.
- Nel-Peters is a spokes model for the U.S.-based clothier David’s Bridal, which provided the dresses of the bridesmaids.
- After looking at approximately 50 dresses, Nel-Peters picked and wore a custom-made David’s Bridal wedding gown, which was accented by Marion Rehwinkel Jewelery diamond and pearl earrings.
- Approximately 260 guests attended the ceremony including Miss World 2015 Rolene Strauss, the bride’s pageant coach Werner Wessels and Pastor Louie Giglio of Passion City Church.
- When the guests assembled for dinner, a smoke machine pumped out red smoke, Daily Mail reported.
- The color palette of the wedding included black, white, gold and green.
- Featuring both American and South African cuisine, the menu for the reception included pasta, mussels, steak and assorted cheeses, as well as Tebow and Nel-Peters’ favorite salad, which included cucumbers, berries, bacon, baby spinach, olive oil and vinegar.
- Tebow had his own wedding cake, a Keto-friendly cheesecake, since he had to stick to his diet.
- The photos of the wedding, which was organized by wedding planner Zavion Kotze-Brereton, 31, of Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa, will exclusively appear in the March 2020 edition of SARIE magazine.
Tebow was born in Makati City, Metro Manila, Philippines on August 14, 1987 to Baptist missionaries Robert Ramsey Tebow II and Pamela Elaine Pemberton Tebow. A University of Florida graduate, Tim played for the Denver Broncos from 2010 to 2011, the New York Jets in 2012, the New England Patriots in 2013 and the Philadelphia Eagles in 2015.
Nel-Peters was born in Sedgefield, South Africa on June 28, 1995. She was crowned Miss South Africa 2017 at the Sun City Superbowl in Rustenburg, South Africa on March 26, 2017 and Miss Universe 2017 at The AXIS at Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA on November 26, 2017.