Herbert “The Blaze” Burns, 32, of Niteroi, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil was one of the winners at “UFC 250.” It was the Brazilian mixed martial artist’s second victory in the Ultimate Fighting Championship.
Featuring 12 MMA matches, “UFC 250” took place at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas, Nevada, United States on June 6, 2020. In the first bout of the evening, Burns and Evan Dunham, 38, of Eugene, Oregon, USA battled it out at a catch weight of 150 lbs.
Referee Chris Tognoni put a stop to the contest after 1 minutes and 20 seconds. Burns submitted Dunham via rear-naked choke.
Winning at “UFC” improved the professional MMA record of Burns to 11 wins and 2 losses. On the other hand, Dunham now has 18 wins, 9 losses and 1 draw.
The UFC held “UFC 250” while the new coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic was still ongoing in the U.S. Here are the details of the catchweight bout between Burns and Dunham:
|2. United States||
Bout #: 1 of 12
- Name: Herbert “The Blaze” Burns
- Age: 32
- Hometown: Niteroi, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Professional MMA record after “UFC 250”: 11 wins, 2 losses
- UFC record after “UFC 250”: 2wins, 0 loss
- UFC opponent defeated before “UFC 250”: Nate Landwehr
- Name: Evan Dunham
- Age: 38
- Hometown: Eugene, Oregon, United States
- Professional MMA record after “UFC 250”: 18 wins, 9 losses, 1 draw
- UFC record after “UFC 250”: 11 wins, 9 losses, 1 draw
- Opponents defeated in the UFC before “UFC 250”: Per Eklund, Marcu Aurelio, Efrain Escudero, Tyson Griffin, Shamar Bailey, Nik Lentz, Gleison Tibau, Rodrigo Damm, Ross Pearson, Joe Lauzon, Rick Glenn
- Division: Catchweight (150 lbs)
- Referee: Chris Tognoni
- Winner: HERBERT BURNS
- Method: Submission via Rear-Naked Choke
- Time and Round: 1:20 of Round 1