Alex Perez, 31, of Lemoore, California, United States was one of the winners at “UFC 250.” It was his sixth victory in the Ultimate Fighting Championship.
Featuring 12 MMA matches, “UFC 250” took place at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas, Nevada, United States on June 6, 2020. In the third bout of the evening, Perez fought Jussier Formiga of Brazil in the flyweight division.
Referee Keith Peterson put a stop to the flyweight contest after 4 minutes and 6 seconds in the first round. Perez knocked out Formiga via leg kicks making the winner the 11th MMA fighter to win a UFC fight via leg kicks.
Winning at “UFC 250” improved the professional MMA record of Perez to 24 wins and 5 losses. On the other hand, Formiga now has 23 wins and 8 losses.
The UFC held “UFC 250” while the new coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic was still ongoing in the U.S. Here are the details of the flyweight bout between Perez and Formiga:
|2. United States||
Bout #: 3 of 12
- Name: Alex Perez
- Age: 28
- Hometown: Lemoore, California, United States
- Professional MMA record after “UFC 250”: 24 wins, 5 losses
- UFC record after “UFC 250”: 6 wins, 1 loss
- UFC opponent defeated before “UFC 250”: Carls John de Tomas, Eric Shelton, Jose Torres, Mark de la Rosa, Jordan Espinosa
- Name: Jussier Formiga
- Age: 35
- Hometown: Natal, Rio Grande do Norte, Brazil
- Professional MMA record after “UFC 250”: 23 wins, 8 losses
- UFC record after “UFC 250”: 9 wins, 7 losses
- Opponents defeated in the UFC before “UFC 250”: Chris Cariaso, Scott Jorgensen, Zach Makovsky, Wilson Reis, Dustin Ortiz, Yuta Sasaki, Ben Nguyen, Sergio Pettis, Deiveson Figueiredo
- Division: Flyweight
- Referee: Keith Peterson
- Winner: ALEX PEREZ
- Method: Technical Knockout via Leg Kicks
- Time and Round: 4:06 of Round 1