Taylor Swift, 30, released her eighth studio album titled “folklore” digitally on midnight of July 24, 2020 via Republic Records. It was released three months after her second live album titled “Live from Clear Channel Stripped 2008.”
There are 17 tracks in the “Folklore.” The 17th song is a bonus track included in the physical album.
- “the 1”
- “the last great american dynasty”
- “my tears ricochet”
- “this is me trying”
- “illicit affairs”
- “invisible string”
- “mad woman”
- “the lakes”
“folklore” marked the first time Swift announced an album on social media less than 24 hours before its digital release. Here are eight more facts about her eighth studio album:
- It was written and recorded while the new coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic was ongoing.
- She produced it with former indie rock band Steel Train guitarist and drummer Jack Antonoff, 36, and rock band The National guitarist Aaron Dessner.
- She wrote 11 of the its tracks with Dessner. He also enlisted the help of his engineer Jon Low, twin brother Bryce Dessner, Justin Vernon of indie folk band Bon Iver and National drummer Bryan Devendorf.
- She wrote five of its tracks with Antonoff and William Bowery.
- It has eight one-week limited-edition deluxe CDs and vinyls, which celebrates her eighth studio album. All of them feature different cover artworks and photos.
- “my tears ricochet” is the first song she wrote for the album.
- Bon Iver is featured in “exile.”
- She directed the music video of “cardigan,” which was produced by Jil Hardin.
Categories: LISTS, music, North America, United States
Leave a Reply