Timur “The Lucky” Arsenovich Valiev is a professional mixed martial artist from Makhachkala, Dagestan, Russia. He is 5’6″ tall and he fights in the bantamweight and featherweight divisions.
Valiev was set to make his debut in the Ultimate Fighting Championship and fight Jamall “Pretty Boy” Emmers of Redlands, California, United States at “UFC Fight Night 173” also known as “UFC Vegas 5” at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA on August 1, 2020 but for undisclosed reasons, the Makhachkala native was removed from the card and was replaced by Vincent “The Anomaly” Cachero of Los Angeles, California. Here are 13 more facts about Valiev:
- Born in Makhachkala, he is of Lak descent.
- He played football when he was in high school.
- In 2006, he started his training in wushu sanda on the advice of a friend. He went on to train in kickboxing and Muay Thai, as well.
- He is a brown belt in Brazilian jiu-jitsu under Ricardo Almeida, a Master of Sports in sambo and an International Master of Sports in pankration.
- In Dagestan, he won championship titles in pankration, grappling, kudo and hand-to-hand combat.
- He attended the Dagestanskiy Gosudarstvennyy Universitet Narodnogo Khozyaystva (Dagestan State University of National Economy) in Makhachkala.
- In 2009, he started his MMA training and joined the Dagestan Fighter Team. Out of his 16 professional MMA wins from 2010 to 2019, five were via technical knockout and two were via submission.
- He was 20 years old when he made his professional MMA debut on September 4, 2010 at “World Ultimate Full Contact 16” in Viseu, Portugal where he lost via unanimous decision to Olle Raberg of Sweden.
- From 2011 to 2015, he was undefeated with one win each in Urkarakh Fights, Top Fight, Dictator Fighting Championship, Colosseum Battles Champions, Fight Night Global and Battle of Stars and four wins in World Series of Fighting.
- In 2014, he joined the Jackson Wink MMA Academy in Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA.
- He had his second professional MMA loss when he lost via split decision to Chris “El Guapo” Gutierrez of Texas, United States at “WSOF 28” in California, USA on February 20, 2016. He won via unanimous decision in their rematch at “WSOF 33” in Kansas City, Missouri, USA on October 7, 2016.
- From 2017 to 2019, he was undefeated with three wins in Professional Fighters League and two wins in Gorilla Fighting Championships.
- On August 22, 2020, he made his UFC debut at “UFC on ESPN 15” at the UFC Apex when he knocked out Mark “Mugen” Striegl of Baguio City, Philippines in the bantamweight division.