Jonathan A. DeNardo is a cosmetologist. On August 31, 2020, he did Nancy Pelosi‘s hair at eSalon SF in Cow Hollow, San Francisco, California, United States.
On September 1, 2020, eSalon SF owner Erica Kious released security footage showing Pelosi walking through the salon with wet hair and without a mask covering her mouth or nose. Wearing a black face mask, DeNardo is following the 52nd speaker of the U.S. house of representatives in the video.
Pelosi was called a hypocrite by her critics since she was a strong supporter of the use of face mask amid the new coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. The California Department of Public Health requires wearing face masks in public indoor places and salons in San Francisco had been closed since March 2020 and were allowed to reopen on September 1, 2020 for outdoor hairstyling services only.
In a press conference in San Francisco on September 2, 2020, Pelosi said it was a setup. Kious denied it while DeNardo supported the Californian congresswoman’s claim and released a statement via his lawyer Matthew Soleimanpour.
According to Denardo, Kious has been operating eSalon SF during the stay-at-home orders. Here are 10 more facts about him:
- He is a native of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA.
- He was a San Francisco resident when he did Pelosi’s hair.
- He previously lived in San Diego, California and Allentown, Pennsylvania.
- He attended the Central Catholic High School, a private, Roman Catholic, Lasallian, all-boys college preparatory school in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- He went to William Allen Senior High School in Allentown.
- He was 26 years old when he started working as a self-employed hairstylist in January 2004.
- From May 2005 to June 2011, he was a hairstylist at Belli Belli Salon and Boutique in San Diego.
- From January 2009 to April 2014, he was the stylist at Red Union Salon in San Francisco.
- From June 2011 to January 2013, he was a hairstylist at Canvas A Hair Studio in San Diego.
- From May 2014 to August 2020, he was the lead hairstylist at eSalon SF.