Sidney Rechee Benton is from Florida, United States. Here are 13 more facts about him:
- He was born in 1987.
- He is related to John N. Benton, Shaneka Lashun Benton, Heidi Benton, Tracie Benton, Rae Benton, Carol Benton, Charles Carol Givens, George J. Givens, Linda B. Givens, Travis M. Everett, Cassaundra F. Orr and Emilie Lynn Catucci.
- He lives in Marion Oaks, Florida.
- He previously lived in other parts of Florida including Inverness, Leesburg, Palatka, Bossier City and Lady Lake.
- In November 2005, he was arrested for possessing coke in Lake County, Florida.
- In April 2006, he was arrested for aggravated child abuse in Lake County.
- In November 2007, he was sentenced to serve a two-year prison term for coke possession and another eight years for aggravated child abuse. He was jailed in the Florida Department of Corrections in Tallahassee, Florida.
- In February 2014, he was released from the Florida Department of Corrections.
- On December 10, 2019, deputies from the Citrus County Sheriff’s Office in Inverness found 19.2 grams of meth, $4,220 in cash, a prescription pill and drug paraphernalia in a vehicle he and Aida Isabel Gandia Mayol were in during a traffic stop in Inverness. He was charged with trafficking in meth, resisting law enforcement without violence and possessing meth with intent to sell while she was charged with trafficking in meth, resisting without violence and possessing a controlled substance. They were arrested and booked into the Citrus County Detention Facility in Lecanto, Florida.
- On December 11, 2019, he posted bail on a $31,000 bond and was released from the Citrus County Detention Facility, Citrus County Chronicle reported.
- On September 28, 2020, he and a woman from Marion County, Florida were picked up at his Marion Oaks home by a woman from Inverness. She drove them to a residence in Marion County to get marijuana. He came out of the residence with methamphetamine and they left. After an argument while on the road, he pointed the gun at the Marion County woman and ordered the Inverness woman at gunpoint to return to his home to find drugs. He handcuffed the two women together, poured lighter fluid on a T-shirt, lit it and threatened to burn them, the Ocala Star Banner reported. Later that day, he and the Marion County woman went to the house of the Inverness woman and he fired multiple gunshots at the house.
- On September 29, 2020, Marion County Sheriff’s Office deputies arrested him. He was booked into the Marion County Detention Facility in Ocala, Florida on no bond. He was charged with aggravated battery with a deadly weapon and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
- On October 1, 2020, Citrus County Sheriff’s Office officials announced that he was also charged with attempted murder, shooting into an occupied dwelling and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
(This is a developing story. More details will be added.)