Jason Michael Lata is a white man originally from California, United States. He is a supporter of 45th U.S. president Donald Trump.
Lata made headlines one day after Trump was sent to the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Bethesda, Maryland, USA after testing positive for the new coronavirus (COVID-19). The former attacked Dan Royce Schochler III in the parking lot of Buc-ee’s in the 2800 block of S. Interstate 35E in Denton County, Texas, USA.
Schochler was playing “FDT” (“F**k Donald Trump“), a protest song by Keenon Dequan Ray “YG” Jackson featuring Ermias Joseph “Nipsey Hussle” Asghedom. At close range, Lata yelled at Schochler, “I’ll ask you, homeboy!”
“I’ll f**king eat your face off, mother f**ker!” Lata continued. “You want a f**king piece?”
“No, thank you,” Schochler replied. Infuriated by the protest song playing, Lata yelled at him again, “Turn it off! I’ll f**k you up!”
A video of the incident quickly went viral. Here are 13 more things about Lata:
- He was born in 1976.
- He is related to Michael Paul Lata, Erin Michelle Lata, Donna J. Elliott Lata and Gilian J. Neiditch.
- He lived in various parts of California including Agoura Hills, Los Angeles, Marina del Rey, Oak Park, Pasadena, Tarzana and Topanga.
- From California, he moved to Flower Mound, Texas where he was based when a video of him attacking Schochler went viral.
- He joined the Make America Great Again (MAGA) meet-up outside Buc-ee’s in the 2800 block of S. Interstate 35E in Denton County scheduled for 11:15 a.m. on October 3, 2020.
- At around 12:40 p.m. on October 3, 2020, he and his fellow supporters of Trump confronted Schochler, who was wearing a black glasses, a blue face mask and blue shirt while carrying a flag. They told the counter-protester to stop playing “FDT” (“F**k Donald Trump”) on repeat.
- Standing beside him was a man wearing a Trump 2020 shirt. The latter told Schochler, “You shouldn’t even be here, bud.”
- After an argument in the parking lot of Buc-ee’s, he punched Schochler in the face and the latter fell to the ground.
- He was maskless and was in a red and brown Magpul cap and black shirt with a Libertarian snake emblem and the words “Don’t tread on me” when he attacked Schochler.
- “Get up, motherfucker!” He yelled after sucker-punching Schochler.
- After attacking Schochler, he left the parking lot of Buc-ee’s in a dark-colored Dodge Ram.
- He was arrested in the evening of October 3, 2020.
- He was booked in the City of Denton Jail in Denton County. He was charged with assault causing bodily injury. His bail was set at $15,000.
(This is a developing story. More details will be added.)