Popcorn is one of the 16 mystery celebrity singers competing in the fourth season of the American version of “The Masked Singer.” Among the top guesses of the viewers and the panelists are Taylor Dayne, 58, Vanessa Williams, 57, and Gloria Gaynor, 77.
Ken Jeong, 51, Jenny McCarthy, 47, Robin Thicke, 43, and Nicole Scherzinger, 42, all returned as panelists of “The Masked Singer” Season 4, which premiered on Fox on September 23, 2020. Nick Cannon, 39, returned as the host, as well.
“Mirror mirror, on the wall, what makes me the biggest miracle of all?” Popcorn asked. Among her early clues are green cow and dressing room.
“I built a career around love,” Popcorn said when she made her first appearance in the first episode. The clues shown in the episode were a tiger, meatloaf, a Proud Merry Go Round, goldfish wearing gold hoop earrings and a Butter Homes and Gardens magazine with her on the cover with a king.
In the episode, Popcorn sang “What About Us” by Pink and mentioned “jetsetting to exotic places with royalty.” She also revealed that she “worked long nights, rushin’ from one job to the next.”
In the third episode, Popcorn sang “Falling” by Harry Styles. The new clues were a crimper, a pride flag, Rubik’s cube, The Corn and the Beautiful, cats, 16 candles and the planet Venus.
“The second rock from the sun may be far away but it should bring you closer to me,” Popcorn said. Here are the top guesses for her:
- born in Manhattan, New York, United States on March 7, 1962
- best known for her song “Tell It to My Heart”
- born in Tarrytown, New York, United States on March 18, 1963
- best known for winning Miss America 1984 in 1983 making her the first African-American woman to win the beauty pageant
- born in Newark, New Jersey, United States on September 7, 1943
- best known for her song “I Will Survive”