Michael John Null is a white man from Michigan, United States. He was involved in the thwarted plot to kidnap 49th Michigan governor Gretchen Whitmer while the U.S. is battling against the new coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
Null, his twin brother William Grant “Bill” Null and more than 10 other men spent months to plot the kidnapping. Here are 13 more things about him:
- He and William were born in 1982.
- He stands 6’0″ and weighs 230lbs.
- He is a resident of Plainwell, Michigan while William lives in Shelbyville, Michigan.
- Aside from Plainwell, he lived in other areas of Michigan including Delton.
- He and Michael John are members of the militia group called Wolverine Watchmen.
- On April 30, 2020, he and William were among those inside the Michigan State Capitol in Lansing, Michigan for a rally against Whitmer. The twins were photographed standing in a gallery above the Michigan Senate Chamber, according to Bridge Michigan. On the same day, Michigan senator Dayna Polehanki took to Twitter to share a photo of the twins during the event.
- Under the banner of Michigan Liberty Militia, he and William attended a rally called “American Patriot: A Well-Regulated Militia” at the Michigan State Capitol on June 18, 2020. Whitmer was the primary target of the rally attended by several hundred heavily armed citizens including supporters of Donald Trump, according to ABC News.
- He and William acted as lookouts for Adam Fox and other conspirators during a nighttime physical surveillance operation of Whitmer’s vacation home near Elk Rapids, Antrim County, Michigan on September 12, 2020.
- On October 7, 2020, Michigan State Police officers and Federal Bureau of Investigations agents raided his home on 800 block of 109th Avenue in Plainwell.
- On October 8, 2020, he and William were arraigned in Jackson County District Court in Jackson, Michigan with cash bond set at $250,000 each, PennLive reported.
- He is represented by Thomas Siver.
- He and William are scheduled for a probable cause conference at 1 p.m. on October 14, 2020 and preliminary hearing at 1:30 p.m. on October 28, 2020. They are each charged with one count of providing material support for terrorist acts and carrying or possessing a firearm during the commission of a felony.
- The state of Michigan formally charged him, William and their fellow Wolverine Watchmen members Paul Bellar, Shawn Fix, Eric Molitor, Pete Musico and Joseph Morrison in Antrim County. They were accused of attempting to find the home addresses of law enforcement officers to target them, making threats of violence intended to instigate a civil war and engaging in planning and training to attack the Michigan State Capitol and kidnap government officials including Whitmer.
(This is a developing story. Updates are added as soon as they are available.)