Daniel Joseph Ubeda is a white man from Miami, Florida, United States. He is a police officer.
Ubeda is a supporter of 45th U.S. president Donald Trump. Here are 10 more things about the Miami cop:
- He also goes by the names Daniel U. Mira and Danny Ubeda.
- Aside from Miami, he lived in various areas of Florida including Doral, Hollywood, Homestead, Hialeah, Miramar, Surfside and Pembroke Pines.
- He lived in Oceanside, California, USA, in Canfield, Ohio, USA and in various areas of Colorado, USA including Denver and Monument.
- In 2017, his annual wage was $60,881.
- In 2018, his annual wage was $65,803.
- In the morning of October 20, 2020, he went to a voting site in Miami while in full uniform. He was wearing a face mask colored blue, white, red and black with the words “TRUMP 2020 NO MORE BULLS***.” He was with his badge and gun with him while inside the polling location on the first floor of the Stephen P. Clark Government Center in Miami. Miami-Dade Democratic Party chairman Steve Simeonidis told the Miami Herald that when he confronted him about wearing the mask, he just laughed it off.
- Simeonidis took a photo of him on October 20, 2020. The Miami-Dade Democratic Party chairman told WSVN, “I just wanted to make sure that I had captured it because I knew how egregious of a violation it was. I have no doubt that he knew exactly what he was doing when he wore that mask into that polling station.”
- He was 38 years old when he was reprimanded by the Miami Police Department because of the mask that he wore near a voting site on October 20, 2020.
- What he did on October 20, 2020 was “a clear violation” of their department policy regarding campaigning while on duty and the mask has offensive language so it is “a violation of department policy,” Miami Police Department deputy chief Ron Papier told the Miami Herald. Miami mayor Francis Suarez also told the publication, “It’s a violation of departmental orders. A police officer is supposed to be impartial. Irrespective of who the person was, whatever sign it would have been, it would’ve been problematic.”
- Florida’s Democratic representative Michael Grieco also took to social media to condemn his decision to wear a political mask near a voting site.