actors, models and reality stars

Colin Jost biography: 13 things about Scarlett Johansson’s husband

Colin Jost is a comedian, actor and writer. He is married to actress Scarlett Johansson.

Jost was born and raised in the Grymes Hill neighborhood of Staten Island, New York, United States. Here are 13 more things about him:

1. He was born in Staten Island on June 29, 1982 to Daniel A. Jost and Kerry J. Kelly. Daniel was a teacher at Staten Island Technical High School while Kelly is a former New York City Fire Department chief medical officer. He has one younger brother named Casey Jost, who is also an actor and writer.
  2. He was raised Roman Catholic.
  3. When he attended Regis High School in Manhattan, New York, he served as the editor of the school newspaper The Owl.
  4. In 2002, he competed in the college edition of “Weakest Link” and won $5,250.
  5. In 2004, he graduated cum laude from Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA. He majored in history and literature, with a focus on Russian literature and British literature and served as the university’s undergraduate humor publication The Harvard Lampoon. He shared a dorm in the university’s Leverett House with Pete Buttigieg.
  6. In 2005, he joined the cast of “Saturday Night Live.” He portrayed Buttigieg in the 45th season of the NBC late-night live television sketch comedy and variety show. He also served as the show’s writing supervisor from 2009 to 2012 and a co-head writer from 2012 to 2015 and in 2017.
  7. He was the scriptwriter and a cast member of the comedy film “Staten Island Summer,” which was released in 2015. In the same year, he donated $100 to the reelection campaign of Buttigieg, then mayor of South Bend, Indiana, USA. The latter was reelected and went on to become a 2020 Democratic presidential candidate.
  8. He starred the 2016 film adaptation of the Liz Tuccillo‘s novel “How to Be Single” along with Dakota Johnson, Rebel Wilson, Leslie Mann, Damon Wayans Jr., Anders Holm, Alison Brie, Nicholas Braun, Jake Lacy, Jason Mantzoukas and Brent Morin.
  9. In May 2017, he and Johansson started dating. They confirmed their engagement in May 2019 and got married in October 2020.
  10. On September 17, 2018, he and his “Saturday Night Live” co-star Michael Che hosted the 70th Primetime Emmy Awards, which took place at the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles, California, USA.
  11. He and Che appeared in an episode of WWE’s “Monday Night Raw,” which was aired on March 4, 2019.
  12. In July 2020, he released a memoir titled “A Very Punchable Face: A Memoir.”
  13. He will play Dwayne in the live-action/animated comedy film “Tom and Jerry,” which will be released on March 5, 2021.