Ka’Darian Javon Smith was an African-American man from Texas, United States. He was a football player who wanted to make it either in the National Football League or in sports broadcasting.
Smith attended the University of Houston on 4800 Calhoun Road in Houston, Texas. Here are 13 more things about him:
- He was born in Baton Rouge, Los Angeles, USA.
- He was 6’1″ tall. His registered weight was 172 lbs.
- He attended Spring High School in Spring, Texas where he played football and coached by Sam Parker. He graduated in 2016.
- In 2015, he was named first team all-district 15-6A. On June 17, 2015, he committed to play football at the University of Houston. He was a cornerback of the university’s Houston Cougars football program. He was a reserve.
- He played in five games in 2016. He tallied two tackles when he made his first appearance as a Cougar in a road win at Texas State.
- He played in 10 games in 2017. He tallied three tackles vs East Carolina University and had two tackles in win over Rice University.
- He played in 11 games in 2018. He finished with two tackles in win against Texas Southern and had two tackles in win over Tulane.
- He played in four games in 2019. On September 28, 2019, he had two tackles in win at North Texas. It was his last game.
- On November 6, 2019, he posted a $20,000 bond and was released after being arrested by the Houston Police Department and charged with aggravated assault with serious bodily harm. He was accused of assaulting Thaddeus Lewis, born in 1959, at an apartment complex at the ICON Apartments at 3509 Elgin Street in Houston, Texas, Chron reported.
- He accused Lewis of breaking into his room and stealing from him. Because of his arrest due to his assault of Lewis, the University of Houston suspended him indefinitely from the football program.
- During the new coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, he lived on the 12th floor of a high-rise apartment complex at the Drewery Place at 2850 Fannin Street in Houston.
- In the early morning of November 4, 2020, Devion Michael Hurtado of Waco, Texas, along with three other men, went to his apartment at the Drewery Place to buy marijuana. At around 1:20 a.m. that day, he was shot. He called two friends to tell them he had been shot and around 30 minutes later, the two friends arrived at his apartment, found him suffering from multiple gunshot wounds and brought him to the apartment’s first floor. Houston Fire Department paramedics rushed him to Ben Taub General Hospital in Houston where he was pronounced dead. Identified as the suspect, Hurtado was arrested on November 20, 2020 and charged with capital murder on November 25, 2020.
- He died at the age of 22.