Devion Michael Hurtado is a resident of Texas, United States. Here are 10 more things about him:
- He lived in Waco, Texas.
- From 2015 to 2016, he attended the University High School in Waco.
- On March 14, 2018, a grand jury in McLennan County, Texas indicted him for unauthorized absence from a county correctional center, Waco Tribune-Herald reported.
- On January 8, 2020, a grand jury in McLennan County indicted him for theft of a firearm, unlawful possession of a firearm by a felon, Waco Tribune-Herald reported.
- On November 4, 2020, he and three friends went to the apartment of former University of Houston football player Ka’Darian Smith at the Drewery Place at 2850 Fannin Street in Houston, Texas to buy marijuana.
- He was accused of fatally shooting Smith at around 1:20 a.m. on November 4, 2020 on the 12th floor of the apartment complex.
- On November 17, 2020, he was identified as a possible suspect in the killing of Smith. He is one of the four men captured on surveillance video at Smith’s apartment on November 4, 2020.
- He was 23 years old when he was accused of killing Smith.
- On November 20, 2020, the Waco Police Department arrested him during a traffic stop in Waco on an outstanding felony warrant, KHOU reported.
- On November 25, 2020, he was charged with capital murder in the shooting death of Smith in the 184th State District Court in Texas.