Anthea Zammit is a Maltese beauty queen, dancer and actress. Here are 13 more things about her:
- She is passionate about dance and the arts.
- After losing her grandfather to lung cancer, she worked with a team of professionals on an eight-week program by helping cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy at the Sir Anthony Mamo Oncology Hospital in Msida, Malta.
- She is the only female Maltese dancer to ever perform on stage at the Eurovision Song Contest.
- With a master’s degree in dance teaching, she teaches numerous schools around Malta.
- From 2014 to 2019, she attended L-Università ta’ Malta in Tal-Qroqq, Msida where she earned her bachelors degree in dance studies.
- On December 18, 2016, she represented Malta in Miss World 2016 at the MGM National Harbor in Oxon Hill, Maryland, United States. She was unplaced although she was second runner-up in the sports challenge and was in the Top 10 in the talent competition.
- On December 1, 2017, she represented Malta in Miss Supranational 2017 at the Miejski Osrodek Sportu i Rekreacji in Krynica-Zdrój, Poland. She was unplaced.
- In 2017, she played one of the main characters in the Maltese TV series “Redlands.”
- In 2018, she played Gladiatrix Zonena in the television series “Epic Warrior Women.”
- In October 2019, she started pursuing her law degree at L-Università ta’ Malta.
- On August 29, 2020, she was crowned Miss Universe Malta 2020 at the Hilton in St Julian’s, Malta.
- While reigning as Miss Universe Malta 2020, she worked closely with the nongovernment organization FIDEM Charity Foundation, which funds educational courses and learning materials for vulnerable women, abused adolescent girls and children.
- She was 26 years old when she represented Malta in Miss Universe 2020 at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Hollywood, Broward County, Florida, United States on May 16, 2021. She was unplaced.