Mariah Tibbetts is a Caymanian beauty queen and certified professional accountant. She lived on an island her entire life but she does not like seafood.
Tibbetts loves rollercoasters and enjoys writing poems, stories and scripts. She also enjoys working with numerous charities including the Cayman Islands Department of Children and Family Services, Red Cross, Big Brothers Big Sisters, The Alex Panton Foundation, Lean on Me Foundation and Meals on Wheels.
A member of 100 Women in Finance and NextGen Cayman, Tibbetts is an advocate for female empowerment. Here are 13 more things about her:
- She is from Bodden Town, Cayman Islands.
- She is 5’7″ tall.
- She finished university with four degrees.
- In 2010, she became a Deloitte scholarship recipient, which allowed her to attend the University College of the Cayman Islands for two years and later Georgia State University.
- She was Miss Teen Cayman Islands 2011 first runner-up.
- In 2014, she became a Proud of Them honoree.
- In 2016, she became a full-time Deloitte audit associate.
- In 2018, she became a certified professional accountant.
- On August 17, 2019, she became runner-up to Miss Cayman Universe 2019 Kadejah Bodden, who was crowned at The Ritz-Carlton hotel in Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands. She also won the People’s Choice Award and received a $20,000 scholarship.
- On July 17, 2020, she was appointed as Miss Universe Cayman Islands 2020.
- In January 2021, Hollywood actor Armie Hammer had to apologize to her after posting posting a provocative video of a scantily clad woman with a caption, “Miss Cayman.”
- While reigning as Miss Universe Cayman Islands 2020, she also served as a Cayman Islands Cancer Society ambassador.
- She was 27 years old when she represented the Cayman Islands in Miss Universe 2020 at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Hollywood, Broward County, Florida, United States on May 16, 2021. She was unplaced.