Chelsea Tayui is a Ghanaian beauty queen and model. Here are 13 more things about her:
- She is a native of Keta, Volta Region, Ghana.
- In 2011, she had a near-death experience.
- From 2013 to 2018, she attended DePaul University in Chicago, Illinois, United States where she earned her bachelor’s degree in communications and media studies.
- From June 2013 to August 2013, she worked as a teacher at the Beacon House Orphanage in Accra, Ghana.
- From May 2014 to June 2014, she was a summer leader at the Smile Charity Organization in Accra.
- From June 2014 to September 2014, she worked as Danielle Ashley‘s administrative assistant in Chicago.
- From June 2015 to August 2015, she was an administrative assistant at Diamond International Inc. in Chicago.
- From October 2015 to December 2015, she was U.S. Senator Richard J. Durbin‘s scheduler and casework modifier in Chicago.
- From October 2016 to February 2017, she was an intern at the Corboy and Demetrio Law Firm in Chicago.
- She competed in Miss Illinois USA 2017. She won the People’s Choice award and finished in the Top 15.
- On September 26, 2020, she was appointed as Miss Universe Ghana 2020. She was crowned in a private ceremony at the Labadi Beach Hotel in Accra.
- While reigning as Miss Universe Ghana 2020, she worked part-time as the communications director of the nonprofit The KJM Foundation.
- She was 25 years old when she represented Ghana in Miss Universe 2020 at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Hollywood, Broward County, Florida, United States on May 16, 2021. She was unplaced.