Aliaksandr Paulavich Hleb (Аляксандр Паўлавіч Глеб) is a former professional footballer from Minsk, Belarus. He is professionally known as Alexander Hleb.
Hleb is 6’1″ tall. Here are 13 more things about him:
- He was born in Minsk. His father was a petrol tankers driver while his mother was a builder. His younger brother Vyacheslav Hleb also played football professionally.
- Growing up in Minks, he was into swimming and gymnastics before he got involved with football.
- From 1997 to 1998, he played for Dinamo-Juni Minsk. He was 17 years old when he signed for Belarusian Premier League team BATE Borisov and played from 1998 to 2000, from 2012 to 2013, from 2015 to 2016 and from 2018 to 2019.
- In 2000, Bundesliga side VfB Stuttgart signed him and Vyacheslav. He played for the German sports club from 2000 to 2005.
- In 2002, he was voted Belarusian Footballer of the Year.
- In 2003, he was involved in a car crash in Minsk, which led to the death of a passenger in another car. He was cleared of any responsibility for the accident.
- From 2005 to 2008, he played for the Arsenal Football Club, which is based in Islington, London, England.
- From 2008 to 2012, he played for Futbol Club Barcelona, which is based in Barcelona, Spain. From 2008 to 2014, he was married to singer Anastacia Kosenkova. In 2014, he played for Konyaspor, which is based in Konya, Turkey.
- He played for Krylia Sovetov Samara, which is based in Samara, Russia, in 2012 and in 2017.
- From 2015 to 2016, he played for Gençlerbirliği, which is based in Ankara, Turkey.
- In 2016, he married Svetlana Gubarevich. In the same year, she gave birth to their daughter.
- In 2019, he played for Isloch Minsk Raion, which is based in Minsk.
- On June 5, 2021, he attended “BRAVE CF 51: The Future is Here,” the first ever BRAVE Combat Federation event to take place in Belarus. He met BRAVE CF president Mohammed Shahid during the event, which was held at the Falcon Club in Minsk.