Ashley Ann Cariño Barreto is an Afro-Latina psychosocial rehabilitator, model and beauty queen from Florida, United States. Here are 13 more things about her:
- She was born in Puerto Rico. She speaks English and Spanish.
- In 2000, she and her family moved from Puerto Rico to Kissimmee, Florida, where she grew up.
- She is Olga Arline Barreto‘s daughter.
- She is of Puerto Rican descent.
- She attended Professional and Technical High School in Kissimmee.
- In 2015, she started working as a psychosocial rehabilitator at Insight Behavioral Health Specialists in Kissimmee.
- On October 31, 2020, she took to Instagram to encourage her followers to vote.
- She was Miss South Kissimmee USA 2020.
- On February 5, 2021, she was in Miami, Florida.
- On July 18, 2021, she represented South Kissimmee at Miss Florida USA 2021 at the Coral Springs Center for the Arts in Coral Springs, Florida. She won the title, besting 70 other candidates. It was her first beauty pageant.
- She was 26 years old when she was crowned Miss Florida USA 2021.
- While reigning as Miss Florida USA 2021, she was studying aerospace engineering at the University of Central Florida in Orlando, Florida with a dream of working at the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA).
- On November 29, 2021, she represented Florida at Miss USA 2021 and competed against 50 other candidates at the Paradise Cove Theater, River Spirit Casino Resort in Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA. She was second runner-up to Ellen Elizabeth ‘Elle” Smith of Kentucky.