Michelle Marie Colón Ramírez is a model and beauty queen from Puerto Rico. She is the founder of the C.A.R.E. Empowering Program.
Born and raised in Bayamon, Puerto Rico, Colon is of Puerto Rican and Afro-Caribbean descent. She is 6’0″ tall.
It was Dominican designer Jorge Diep who gave Colon her first modeling opportunity. She went on to work with several Puerto Rican designers including Edzel Giovanni, Sonia Rivera, Heriberto Vazquéz, Rubén Dario and Rosa Elia and other international designers including Rosita Hurtado from Bolivia, Benito Santos from Mexico, Marisu Miranda from Spain, Gionni Straccia from Venezuela, Salome and Fernando Marín from Colombia and Jorge David, Giannina Azar and Carlos Moya from the Dominican Republic.
Aside from modeling, Colon also enjoys singing, dancing, cheerleading and drawing and she is interested in fine arts. Here are 13 more things about her:
- In July 2016, she walked the runway in the Dominican Republic wearing Diep’s designs.
- In November 2016, she walked the runway at Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel and Casino in San Juan, Puerto Rico wearing Elia’s designs.
- In March 2018, she was one of the runway models at the Caribbean Bridal Expo at the Centro de Convenciones de Puerto Rico in San Juan.
- She is Miss Teen Americas Puerto Rico 2018. Representing Puerto Rico, she was crowned Miss Teen Americas 2018 in El Salvador in May 2018.
- In December 2018, she visited Epcot, a theme park at the Walt Disney World Resort in Bay Lake, Florida, United States.
- In October 2019, she walked the runway at the Museo de Arte de Puerto Rico wearing designs by Herman Nadal and Kelvin Giovannie.
- In February 2020, she and Miss Earth 2019 Nellys Pimentel of Puerto Rico walked the runway at the New York Fashion Week in New York, USA. She wore Giannina Azar designs.
- In May 2020, she read “El Silencio de Galileo,” an e-mail epistolary novel by Luis López Nieves.
- In May 2021, she met with Loiza mayor Julia Nazario Fuentes, who gave her a copy of a Rick Warren book.
- She is Miss Loiza 2021. On September 30, 2021, she represented Loiza at Miss Universe Puerto Rico 2021 and competed against 25 other candidates at the Luis A. Ferré Performing Arts Center in San Juan. She won the title.
- She was 21 years old when she was crowned Miss Universe Puerto Rico 2021.
- While reigning as Miss Universe Puerto Rico 2021, she was attending school as a biology and pre-medical student. On December 12, 2021, she represented Puerto Rico at Miss Universe 2021 and competed against 79 other candidates in Eilat, Israel. She finished in the Top 10.
- On August 11, 2022, she crowned her successor Miss Universe Puerto Rico 2022 Ashley Cariño at the Luis A. Ferré Fine Arts Center.