Lodewicus Theodorus “Louis” Oosthuizen is a South African professional golfer nicknamed Shrek. He was born in Mossel Bay, South Africa to Piet Oosthuizen and Minnie Oosthuizen.
Louis is 5’10” tall. Here are 13 more things about him:
- He was 19 years old when he made his professional debut in 2002.
- In 2007, he and Nel-Male Oosthuizen got married in Mossel Bay. She gave birth to their daughters Jana Oosthuizen in 2009, Sophia Oosthuizen in 2012 and Emma Oosthuizen in 2013.
- In 2009, he founded the LOUIS57 Foundation, which has four registered charity beneficiaries namely LOUIS57 Kids With Cancer, Leolan Academy, iPapa57 and LOUIS57 Junior Golf Academy.
- He won the 2010 Open Championship, which was held in St. Andrews, Scotland from July 15-18, 2010.
- He tied for ninth place in the 2011 U.S. Open, which was held in Bethesda, Maryland, United States from June 16-19, 2011.
- He was runner-up to Bubba Watson at 2012 Masters Tournament, which was held in Augusta, Georgia, USA from April 5-8, 2021.
- The tied for second place both in the 2015 U.S. Open, which was held in University Place, Washington, USA from June 18-21, 2015, and in 2015 Open Championship, which was held in St. Andrews from July 16-20, 2015.
- He tied for second in 2017 PGA Championship, which was held in Charlotte, North Carolina, USA from August 10-13, 2017.
- He tied for seventh place in the 2017 U.S. Open, which was held in Erin, Wisconsin, USA from June 15-18, 2017.
- He ranked third in the 2020 U.S. Open, which was held in Mamaroneck, New York, USA from September 17-20, 2020.
- He tied for second place in the 2021 PGA Championship, which was held on Kiawah Island, South Carolina, USA from May 20-23, 2021.
- He was runner-up to Jon Rahm at the 2021 U.S. Open, which was held in San Diego, California, USA from June 17-20, 2021. He became the eighth golfer to finish runner-up in all four major championships.
- On July 18, 2021, he and Rahm tied for third place at the 2021 Open Championship in Sandwich, Dover, Kent, England, United Kingdom.