Juliana Rugumisa is a beauty queen from Tanzania. Here are 13 more things about her:
- She hails from Kilimanjaro, Tanzania.
- She is fluent in Swahili and English.
- She is an advocate for people with different abilities.
- On October 19, 2020, she visited a friend, who is differently abled, in Same, Kilimanjaro.
- On December 5, 2020, she competed at Miss Tanzania 2020. She won the Miss Personality and Miss Photogenic awards and finished as runner-up to Rose Manfere.
- When she competed at Miss Tanzania 2020, she was pursuing a bachelor’s degree in prosthetics and orthotics at the Kilimanjaro Christian Medical University College, a constituent college of Tumaini University Makumira in Moshi, Tanzania.
- On December 9, 2020, she took to Instagram to congratulate Manfere, who was expected to represent Tanzania at Miss World 2021.
- On February 9, 2021, she visited her new land in Kigamboni, Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania, a prize awarded to her by real estate company Dalali Mmsomi for being Miss Tanzania 2020 first runner-up.
- On June 20, 2021, she went to Tabata Chang’ombe, Dar es Salaam where she had a meeting with a man with different abilities.
- On June 27, 2021, she participated in the charity marathon for the treatment of children with disabilities at the Muhimbili National Hospital in Dar es Salaam.
- On July 14, 2021, the Miss Tanzania Organizing Committee declared her as Miss World Tanzania 2021, a title that originally belonged to Manfere, who was accused of failing to fulfill her responsibilities as Miss Tanzania 2020. The committee clarified that Manfere was still Miss Tanzania 2020 but was not qualified to compete at Miss World 2021.
- She was 23 years old when she was appointed as Miss World Tanzania 2021. On July 18, 2021, she took to Instagram to share a photo of herself wearing the Miss World Tanzania 2021 sash.
- On December 16, 2021, she will represented Tanzania at Miss World 2021 in San Juan, Puerto Rico. If she wins, she will be the England-based international beauty pageant’s first titleholder from Tanzania.