Zachary “Zach” Apple is a professional swimmer who specializes in the sprint freestyle events. Here are 13 more things about him:
- He was born in Trenton, Ohio, United States to Doug Apple and Allison Apple.
- He is 6’7″ tall and his registered weight is 218 lbs.
- He attended Edgewood High School in Trenton and swam for GMVY Wahoos club team. He originally committed to swim collegiately at Western Kentucky University in Bowling Green, Kentucky, USA but the school suspended the program before he was supposed to be on campus so he decided to sign with Auburn University in Auburn, Alabama, USA.
- In August 2015, he competed in the YMCA Long Course Nationals and became the champion in the 50m freestyle and the runner-up in the 200m freestyle.
- From 2015 to 2018, he attended Auburn University.
- In 2017, he finished first in the prelims of the 100-yard freestyle at the World Championships Trials in Indianapolis, Indiana, USA. He finished fourth in the finals.
- From 2018 to 2019, he attended Indiana University in Bloomington, Indiana where he earned his bachelor’s degree in kinesiology and exercise science.
- He finished fourth in the 100 and fifth in the 50-meter freestyle at the 2018 National Swimming Championships. At the 2018 Pan Pacific Championships, he finished second in the B-final in the 200-meter freestyle and fifth in the A-final in the 100-meter freestyle.
- In 2019, he was a member of the inaugural International Swimming League (ISL) representing DC Trident, a professional swimming team based in Washington, D.C., USA.
- He won five medals at the 2019 World University Games, which took place in Napoli, Italy from July 3-14, 2019, and two gold medals and one bronze medal at the 2019 World Aquatics Championships, which took place in Gwangju, South Korea from July 12-28, 2019.
- He participated in the 2020 USA Swimming Olympic Trials, which took place at the CHI Health Center Omaha in Omaha, Nebraska, USA from June 4-29, 2021. He finished second in the 100m freestyle, which qualified him for the U.S. Olympic swimming team in the 4x100m freestyle relay and the individual 100m freestyle.
- On July 26, 2021, he and his teammates Bowe Becker, Brooks Curry, Caeleb Dressel and Black Pieroni won the gold medal in swimming particularly in men’s 4 x 100 m freestyle relay at the 2021 Summer Olympics in Tokyo, Japan.
- He was 24 years old when he participated at the 2021 Summer Olympics.
Categories: biographical data, LISTS, North America, Sports, sports event results, United States, water sports
2 replies »