Known as Rayssa Leal, Jhulia Rayssa Mendes Leal is a Brazilian skateboarder dubbed A Fadinha do Skate (The Skate Fairy). She was born in Imperatriz, Maranhão, Brazil to Haroldo Oliveira Leal and Lilian Mendes.
Rayssa was 4’10” tall when she was 13 years old. Here are 13 more things about her:
- In 2014, she started skateboarding.
- In 2015, she was the Brazilian champion of Street Skate Mirim.
- Taken in 2016, a video of her wearing a fairy princess costume doing skateboarding tricks went viral.
- In 2017, she finished 16th at the World Cup Skateboarding in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- In 2018, she finished 13th at the World Skate World Championships in Rio de Janeiro.
- She finished second at the 2019 World Skate World Championships in Sao Paulo, Brazil and first at the 2019 World Cup Skateboarding in Paris, France.
- In May 2019, she finished third at the Street League Skateboarding Championship in London, England, United Kingdom.
- In July 2019, she finished first at the Street League Skateboarding Championship in Los Angeles, California, United States.
- In August 2019, she made her X Games debut at the X Games Minneapolis 2019 in Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA. She finished fourth.
- In 2020, she was nominated for a Laureus Award in the action sports category.
- She finished third at the 2021 World Skate World Championships in Rome, Italy.
- On July 26, 2021, she won the silver medal in the women’s street in skateboarding at the 2021 Summer Olympics in Tokyo, Japan.
- She was 13 years old and 4’10” tall when she competed at the 2021 Summer Olympics, making her the youngest athlete to represent Brazil in the Olympic Games.