Ahmed Ayoub Hafnaoui (أحمد أيوب حفناوي) is a Tunisian competitive swimmer. Here are 10 more things about him:
- He was born in Métlaoui, Gafsa, Tunisia.
- He is Tunisian basketball player Mohamed Hafnaoui‘s son.
- He is 5’10” tall.
- In 2014, he joined the national swimming program of Tunisia.
- At the 13th African Swimming Championships, which was held from September 10-16, 2018 in Algiers, Algeria, he finished second in the 4×200-meter men’s freestyle swimming and third in the men’s 800-meter, 1,500-meter and 4×100-meter freestyle events.
- At the 2019 Summer Youth Olympics, which was held from October 7-12, 2018 in Buenos Aires, Argentina, he finished seventh in men’s 800-meter freestyle swimming and eighth in men’s 400-meter freestyle swimming.
- At the 14th Fédération Internationale de Natation (FINA) World Swimming Championships, which was held in Hangzhou, China from December 11-16, 2018, he finished 17th in men’s 1,500-meter freestyle swimming and 19th in men’s 400-meter freestyle swimming.
- At the 7th FINA World Junior Swimming Championships, which was held in Budapest, Hungary from August 20-215, 2019, he finished fourth in men’s 800-meter freestyle swimming and sixth in men’s 1,500-meter freestyle swimming.
- On July 25, 2021, he won gold in men’s 400-meter freestyle swimming at the 2020 Summer Olympics in Tokyo, Japan, making him the first Tunisian athlete and first African athlete to win gold at the 2020 Summer Olympics.
- He was 18 years old when he won gold at the 2020 Summer Olympics.