Aarti Vidya Sooknandan is an entrepreneur, model, ballerina and beauty queen from Belize. Here are 13 more things about her:
- She loves public speaking and painting.
- From 2012 to 2016, she attended the University of South Florida in Tampa, Florida, United States where she earned her bachelor’s degree in advertising and marketing. From August 2012 to August 2015, she was a You Say When Yogurt Shoppe web administrator and associate.
- From September 2013 to November 2014, she worked as a social media manager for Dance Marathon, a movement run by University of South Florida students.
- From August 2015 to May 2016, she was a University of South Florida resident assistant.
- From January 2016 to May 2016, she was a Hillsborough Education Foundation management intern. From June 2016 to August 2016, she was a Social Forces account intern. From September 2016 to November 2017, she was a Hollister Co. assistant manager.
- From January 2017 to March 2018, she was a Social Forces account manager.
- From 2018 to 2020, she attended Nova Southeastern University in Fort Lauderdale, Florida where she earned her master’s degree in business administration. She graduated magna cum laude. From July 2018 to September 2020, she was an Aartistry LLC independent marketing consultant.
- On May 5, 2018, she and University of Florida alum Nickhil Patel started dating. They got engaged on November 21, 2020.
- From July 2019 to September 2019, she was a Haven House Belize fundraising volunteer. On September 6, 2019, she competed at Miss Universe Belize 2019 at the Belize City Civic Center in Belize City, Belize. She was unplaced.
- On March 5, 2020, she appeared on the Belizean show “Open Your Eyes” to discuss the Wings on Women domestic awareness summit. From November 2020 to December 2020, she worked for Otter Public Relations in Orlando, Florida as the vice president of marketing.
- From January 2021 to March 2021, she was a WorldOrlando digital marketing manager. In March 2021, she joined 321 the Agency as a social content strategist.
- She was 26 years old when she was crowned Miss Earth Belize 2021 on August 8, 2021.
- If she wins Miss Earth 2021, she will be the Philippines-based international beauty pageant’s first titleholder from Belize.