Cristina Mariel Ríos is a fashion model and beauty queen from Puerto Rico. Here are 10 more things about her:
- She hails from San Sebastian, Puerto Rico.
- She used to serve as the president of Futuros Agricultores de América in Puerto Rico.
- She is a member of Conservacion Costera (CoCoPR).
- She has a vocational certification in animal health and horticulture.
- In 2016, she founded Eco Amigos Puerto Rico, an organization that promotes reforestation and provides agricultural training workshops to children.
- In November 2020, she represented San Sebastian at Miss Earth Puerto Rico 2021 and placed third, earning the Miss Earth Water Puerto Rico 2021 title.
- She was 19 years old when she was crowned Miss Earth Puerto Rico 2021 on January 29, 2021, replacing the original titleholder Valerie Vigoreaux.
- While reigning as Miss Earth Puerto Rico 2021, she was pursuing her bachelor’s degree in environmental technology with a concentration in environmental chemistry while working with CoCoPR on a project to reproduce difficult-to-germinate coastal species.
- In August 2021, she went to Atlanta, Georgia, United States and worked for Ashley Lauren.
- In December 2021, she will represent Puerto Rico at Miss Earth 2021. If she wins, she will be the Philippines-based international beauty pageant’s second titleholder from Puerto Rico following Nellys Pimentel‘s win in 2019.